Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I guess that's it

Rheemhater

Well after having a serious thread on the mount forum , and a funny one on the lounge . No one on the planet has a source for these silly Delrin washers . I don't understand how everyone says to use them but no one knows where to get them ! The Badder ones are the wrong size, and the ones that astrobaby suggested are not good . If I can't find these things my EQ-6 will be turned into a boat anchor , plaese help !

I've cut spacers form thin aluminium sheet before now and even cardboard.  Cardboard doesn't weld itself together!!  Aluminium has been known to.

17 minutes ago, Gina said:

I've cut spacers form thin aluminium sheet before now and even cardboard.  Cardboard doesn't weld itself together!!  Aluminium has been known to.

And of course you got that 3D printer, Gina... that works too, I guess 🙂

• Like 1

I didn't think the shims would work being metal . I was under the impression Delrin is  kind of self lubricating . I did just send a e-mail to  Rhnuttall . they have them , just hope i don't have to buy 100 of each .

21 hours ago, andrew s said:

What size are you looking for ? I have some T2 metal spacers,  much better, than plastic in my view. Let me know and I will see what I can do.

Regards Andrew 

Have you put metal spacers in a mount rebuild before ? Seems like metal on metal would not be as smooth as Delrin or Teflon . I know these mounts don't move at high speed . wondering why Atlas didn't install those type ?

12 minutes ago, Rheemhater said:

Have you put metal spacers in a mount rebuild before ? Seems like metal on metal would not be as smooth as Delrin or Teflon . I know these mounts don't move at high speed . wondering why Atlas didn't install those type ?

Sounds like you need teflon cut ti size.

Regards Andrew 

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 14:33, Rheemhater said:

Well after having a serious thread on the mount forum , and a funny one on the lounge . No one on the planet has a source for these silly Delrin washers . I don't understand how everyone says to use them but no one knows where to get them ! The Badder ones are the wrong size, and the ones that astrobaby suggested are not good . If I can't find these things my EQ-6 will be turned into a boat anchor , plaese help !

Google > " McMastar Carr " . Their industrial catalogue has just about anything you can think of, and then some.

• 2 weeks later...