Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astroberry new version with RPI 4 support

stash_old

39 minutes ago, Gina said:

Ah!!!  Found this

That would explain why it wouldn't download on my Linux Mint machine.

.It seems to say it works on Linux but all I can find to download are .exe files

asas per @RadekK instructions in the documentation you could try the command below on your linux mint machine

Basic installation of the system requires flashing your microSD card with system image file. It's not the same as copying the file to microSD card. If you just copy downloaded file to your microSD card it's not going to work.

You can flash your microSD card (minimum 16GB required) using etcher.io or running below commands in your terminal:

unzip astroberry-server_2.0.3.img.zip
sudo dd if=astroberry-server_2.0.3.img of=/dev/sdX bs=8M status=progress

Note: Replace sdX with your microSD card identifier. Make sure it is correct before running the above command!

The process takes some time and you need to be patient. If you abort the flashing process your system is not going to boot at all.

• Thanks 1

Yes, just done that and now have a mountable rootfs.

1832852747_Screenshotfrom2021-06-1615-44-48.png.74d45714b9a145b310726a513a3560b0.png

Tried in RPi 4B with HDMI to monitor but gets so far and stops.  Showed RPi banner for a while but wouldn't respond to kb or mouse.

In the past I have used KStars/Ekos on my Linux Mint tower machine and just indiserver and the INDI drivers on the RPi.  Connecting over Ethernet and accessing via SSH to each RPi card (multiple imaging rig) using separate instances of KStars/Ekos for each imaging camera.  Can I work in a similar way  with the RPi4B running Astroberry Server as control for my ASI294MM-Pro camera and mount, Astroberry Focuser, etc. with 2 other RPi boards for my other cameras (triple rig) or is there a better way?

Edited by Gina

SUCCESS!!  I now have Astroberry Server working on my RPi 4B and my new 294 camera working,  I have my triple imaging rig on the floor for easy connection to RPi.  Connected to Astroberry Server running on RPi 4B with ASI 294MM-Pro camera connected to a USB3 port.  This is with KStars/Ekos running on my Linux Mint tower and using SSD to connect to Astroberry Server on the RPi 4B.  Many many thanks to @RadekK and others who have helped.

372778177_Screenshotfrom2021-06-1710-10-56.png.0d55bb876134d8c1f1a186324b6da4b9.png

Edited by Gina
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...