SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astroberry new version with RPI 4 support

stash_old

Radek Like the video "Hasta la vista I'll be back" you sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Love It.....👍 You need to add a "donate" to your website as this costs you "hope SGL don't object to this comment"... great work. Better performance than other OS for the RPI..

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/12/2019 at 22:30, fozzybear said:

you sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Love It.....👍 

You made my day with this comment :D If I sound like Arnold I will make more videos then ;)

23 hours ago, WanderingEye said:

is there a benefit to starting indiserver and you profile, via the panel, rather then setting up and starting from within ekos

There is one, but very important benefit - if you start indiserver and drivers from within ekos (locally) they will crash along kstars/ekos (if it happens, and it sometimes does), if you start them independently from ekos, they keep running whatever happens to kstars/ekos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, RadekK said:

There is one, but very important benefit - if you start indiserver and drivers from within ekos (locally) they will crash along kstars/ekos (if it happens, and it sometimes does), if you start them independently from ekos, they keep running whatever happens to kstars/ekos

That is very useful to know, and I would not have realised that... but would it really matter if the imaging software using them crashes anyway...? Just playing devils advocate here... :) not being negative..

On 17/12/2019 at 23:40, WanderingEye said:

would it really matter if the imaging software using them crashes anyway

At least your mount is in predictable and controllable position, so as soon as you reconnect INDI client (=KStars/Ekos) you can park safely instead of manual intervention. Same for focuser position. The rest does not matter.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I have a problem @RadekK which I hope you can help with.  I have downloaded Astroberry Server, carefully checked the sha256sum and written the image to a 32GB micro SD card with etcher.  Having discovered I had wrong adapters for the RPi 4B and had to order new bits, I put the card in a new RPI 3B+ and powered up.  LEDs lit normally and green one flashed as usual then went off.  Tried to find server in Firefox on my main Linux Mint machine and nothing found so I connected the monitor to the HDMI port on the RPi and  restarted.  The boot sequence failed.  Here's a screen pic from my phone.

AstroberryError.thumb.jpeg.dcfc308b4c3350711457672f9ebc400a.jpeg

4 hours ago, Gina said:

I have a problem @RadekK which I hope you can help with.  I have downloaded Astroberry Server, carefully checked the sha256sum and written the image to a 32GB micro SD card with etcher.  Having discovered I had wrong adapters for the RPi 4B and had to order new bits, I put the card in a new RPI 3B+ and powered up.  LEDs lit normally and green one flashed as usual then went off.  Tried to find server in Firefox on my main Linux Mint machine and nothing found so I connected the monitor to the HDMI port on the RPi and  restarted.  The boot sequence failed.  Here's a screen pic from my phone.

AstroberryError.thumb.jpeg.dcfc308b4c3350711457672f9ebc400a.jpeg

Gina,

Have you tried reflashing the sd card and trying again with a monitor attached to said RPi on first boot up? As I have had problems with etcher in the past not writing the 2nd partition correctly . Just a thought

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fozzybear said:

Gina,

Have you tried reflashing the sd card and trying again with a monitor attached to said RPi on first boot up? As I have had problems with etcher in the past not writing the 2nd partition correctly . Just a thought

Andy

Yes, I have.  Also tried another new RPi 3B+.  Etcher checks validity of card image against source too.  However, I've just checked the card for partitions and their content and got this :-

1029766301_Screenshotfrom2021-06-1520-18-39.png.3eea411a459fb7aac4817e19c81877e4.png

So it seems you're right!!

Thanks.

13 hours ago, fozzybear said:

format the sdcard

Trying again today.  Have formatted the SD card and tried using Ubuntu Disk Image Writer to write to the card.  This seemed to work fine at the time showing the partitions and format type but when I tried to read the card the boot partition was fine (as before) but rootfs came up with the same error saying it couldn't be mounted.

1 hour ago, Gina said:

Rhetorical question :-  Has anyone actually got v2.0.3 working?

Hi Gina,

I downloaded that same img file and used Rufus to write the sdcard using the zipped file. It works fine on my spare Pi4. I have been using 2.03 for a while, though sporadically, and have had no problems. The rufus download is OK too, but has an annoying google ad which I just cancel and the download then works.

Hope that helps.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Ah!!!  Found this

System Requirements:

Windows 7 or later, 32 or 64 bit doesn't matter. Once downloaded, the application is ready to use.

That would explain why it wouldn't download on my Linux Mint machine.

.It seems to say it works on Linux but all I can find to download are .exe files

Edited by Gina