Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD 2 Question

Astroblagger

In my case (when I used a NEQ6) everything connected via ASCOM. The mount and guide camera (both with ASCOM driver support installed) were connected to my NUC PC via USB. PHD could then see both when I clicked on the 'Connect' icon. You need to input details about the focal length of your guide scope. The only special cable I needed was the USB-RS232 lead to connect the mount to the PC.

HTH

1927805850_Screenshot2019-10-3110_56_50.png.a9095dc7a37d1342c3f04bd26ec072e9.png

Edited by Adreneline
CLarification

If you are pulse guiding via EQMod then you do not need the ST4 cable from camera to mount.  

If you are not pulse guiding then you will need an ST4 cable from camera to the mount, then select On Camera for the mount selection drop down to connect in PHD2

Rob

On 31/10/2019 at 22:27, Merlin66 said:

I still use the ST-4 cable for guiding (C11@f10). Why? It works well for me, why change?

So do I....I should of clarified by saying Pulse Guiding via EQMod.

I think pulse guiding is what the people of phd2 say to use ..

Benefits are you can auto calibrate so once your calibration is done there's no need to do it again each time you setup, each time you meridian flip, and each time you change targets..

If you're using phd2 excellent drift align tool then it tells you what part of the sky the scope is pointing so  in terms of calibration you know you're on Dec 0 and meridian intersection..

2 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

If you add to the Auxiliary mount option in PHD2, it obtains the mount position and uses that.

I didn't know this...

So, do you still select On Camera for mount AND Aux Mount.  Or is it one or the other?

Never done anything with Aux Mount!