NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cameras

Hi i have just purchased a canon 40D body at a very good price to use on my Explorer 150,now i have windows 10 which refuses to reconise the camera (does windows 10 reconise any thing ?)so i need a alternative to  upload my photos from camera to pc any ideas please

Edited by djs44
put wrong camera up

14 minutes ago, djs44 said:

150,now i have windows 10 which refuses to reconise the camera

If you can't see the camera in 'device manager' you will not be able to connect to it with any astro software on that PC - the USB connection is the problem you are going to have to fix first... 

Have you tried a different cable? 

FWIW I had a 1200D that I gave up on as it couldn't be recognised (that was w10 too, but I'm not sure the o/s was significant) . A 200d and 1300d were fine on the same PC with the same cable 😔 

Ady

Edited by adyj1

15 minutes ago, djs44 said:

Hi i have just purchased a canon 40D body at a very good price to use on my Explorer 150,now i have windows 10 which refuses to reconise the camera (does windows 10 reconise any thing ?)so i need a alternative to  upload my photos from camera to pc any ideas please

The 40D is quite old now and is probably no longer supported.

Yes version 2 as Kev said, I run my old 40D but on win 7, my IT guru told me leave the new versions of windows alone the 7 version is fine according to him and I am no position to argue, ha has a massive downer on some versions of windows.

Alan

1 hour ago, djs44 said:

windows 10 which refuses to reconise the camera (does windows 10 reconise any thing ?

How do you know it works on any machine - have you tried it. Try changing the cable. The is no reason why a working 450D is not recognised if everything is installed correctly. Very doubtful its anything to do with a correctly set up Win 10 O/S.

Do as @kev m suggests. 🙂

Sorry misread the thread, thought this had worked on another machine.

I have several usb mini cables that only have 2 wires connected instead of all 4, they are just used for charging.

If you have a 2 wire cable it will never work, power only, no data.

Hi and welcome to SGL

As said install Canon Eos Utilities and it should see the camera, my old 450d / Canon Utilities works in Win10.

The Canon disc should have Canon image browser on it to download images to your PC

To upload pic's from cameras remove the card and use a card reader, may be a slot on your computer if you're lucky.

Dave

Edited by Davey-T