Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Part & Soul

Brian28

2 pretty clear nights here on Canvey island in Sunny Essex so far this week . So I decided to have a go at the Soul Nebula , or part of it given my FOV with the 130 EDT .. 

11.8 hours total integration time on this one , by far the longest I've given any target so far . 

Made up of 

48 x 600 sec Ha 

23 x 600 OIII. 

1848 rev1 JPG.jpg

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

I like the colour scheme!

I need to ask you the same question - how did you map the Ha and OIII to RGB?

Another couple of dozen sessions and you should have a mosaic to cover the lot ;) 

Onward and upward.

Adrian

I map OIII Ha OIII   ..  then overlay with the Ha after I have played with it as a Luminance layer .. 

I am just playing with an iOptron 25 mount , to take a TS65Q scope so should give me a wider FOV without going to the hassle of mosaics ..   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brian28 said:

I am just playing with an iOptron 25 mount

I'm loving me new iOptron CEM25-EC. The fact that I can get what I consider to be a decent image with 120s subs and no guiding is just perfect for me. Fewer wires, fewer things to wrong, Ioptron Commander is so much easier than EQMOD, quicker setup and really easy to clear away at the end of a session; I can literally pick the whole thing up and bring it back inside as soon as the camera has warmed up. Love it!

I am definitely going to try your processing approach - not come across that one bofore.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian