Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi to you all.. New to all this,

MARK2008

Hi my name is mark, im from nottingham, and this is the first time i have taken a big intrest in astronomy, apart from when i was 8, sitting on the garden with my grandad and a pair of his bino's after he 'd come back from the Leigon half cut that is..lol, but that was 18 years ago. I have always been intrested in the sky, universe, stars etc etc. But decided to purchase a cheeeeep telescope for christmas and see if i can start myself a new hobby, I hav'nt got the slightest cule where to start, what to buy or where to look. But im sure with your help i'll find out how...Thanks....Mark

Hello Mark

May I be the first to welcome you to the SGL forum :D from neighbouring Sheffield.

You'll find lots of friendly people here with lots of good advice.

Have you got a telescope yet or are you still looking to purchase one? If the latter, the guys and gals on here will give you lots of advice.

To help us out, let us know an approximate budget, and what you are interested in looking at (Solar System/The Moon or Deep Sky Objects) and whether you are contemplating astrophotography at any stage.

Also, do you know your way around the sky at all? If not, a good pair of binoculars and a sky map or planisphere is a useful starting point.

Zaphod

Thanks zaphod...I do have one on the way...as i said im only got a very cheap on of ebay....Dont laugh as im sure you all started somewhere...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TELESCOPE-NEWTONIAN-Reflector-76-700-XXL-StarScope_W0QQitemZ370120761363QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Telescopes?hash=item370120761363&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A8%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

As long as it gets me started in astronomy thats all im after at the min.Bigger and better things to come hopefully....Mark

Archived