Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starnet

SyedT

Also which version of PI - I think it only works on later versions?

Like Sara I did the download on the PI version, extracted the files, selected the files from the extracted folder and pulled them into the PI Bin folder. Opened PI, selected Modules/load modules - Starnet was shown so selected and hit install...

Starnet++.jpg

Edited by fwm891
image added
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Which version of Windows ? as you may need to copy the files as 'Administrator' before they are copied properly....

Hi its windows 10, I will have to look at that. Im not much of a puter geek.

20 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Also which version of PI - I think it only works on later versions?

Like Sara I did the download on the PI version, extracted the files, selected the files from the extracted folder and pulled them into the PI Bin folder. Opened PI, selected Modules/load modules - Starnet was shown so selected and hit install...

Starnet++.jpg

Hi, got the latest version. Im wondering wether its my lap top as its a good runner but over ten years old. 

Thanks both for the help.

I found this in the PI discussion forums, and do seem to recall there are minimum specs required for Starnet to run, older machines may not be supported

PI module checks if it can run and won’t install if it can’t, the most common reason being that the cpu lacks the minimum set of vector instructions.

pc387

2 hours ago, pc387 said:

I found this in the PI discussion forums, and do seem to recall there are minimum specs required for Starnet to run, older machines may not be supported

PI module checks if it can run and won’t install if it can’t, the most common reason being that the cpu lacks the minimum set of vector instructions.

pc387

Hi, just got my other laptop out, a more modern machine and it works on that! At least I now know I'm not going mad.lol. my old laptop is the one I prefer to use for processing as it's a lot faster and usable. I think I will have to switch between the two but I'm so impressed with the starnet processing. Thank you to you all for the help and support. 

15 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Anyone know why I cannot get this to work on either of my machines.

i3-6100U 2.3Ghz and i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz ?

I am using this file, unzipped and placed into /Programs/Pixinsight/bin folder

Pixinsight Starnet module

image.png.f83cd98a3705c307f48b25f65daf58cf.png

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

You need to place the files directly into the bin folder, as opposed to placing the starnet folder in he bin folder.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SyedT said:

Hi Dave,

You need to place the files directly into the bin folder, as opposed to placing the starnet folder in he bin folder.

Cheers

Thank you SyedT. It worked :D 

image.png.aedefe1e1f193b49a72aeab627e20e40.png

Fantastic :) 

• 2 months later...

I still get the 'checkpoint' error when used with PI. Downloaded from Sourceforge twice and installed twice. Process installed OK and Starnet in process menu. Process runs then comes up with following error:

StarNet: Processing view: sh2_101_RGB_ps1
Writing swap files...
2320.814 MiB/s
Starting star removal procedure...
Stride: 128
Image size: 2048x2048
Number of channels: 3
Color space: RGB
Bits per sample: 16
Has alpha channels: false
Float sample: false
Restoring neural network checkpoint... 
*** Error: Checkpoint file not found!
Reading swap files...
1564.680 MiB/s
<* failed *>

Computer: Dell XPC8500
Core i7-3770 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
W10 Home 64bit, 18362.418
PI v01.08.05.1353, API v160

On 04/08/2019 at 12:02, fireballxl5 said:

Any ideas?

image.png.0e56e40e23c096965f16ff52436aad63.png

I've had this problem and I have found the way to avoid it is to start PI afresh from the Desktop icon and then use Load (from the File menu) to load the file.

If I right-click on an image file and select "Open with .." PixInsight I consistently get this error message.

I'll have to give the re-install all the files solution a try as suggested by @SyedT.

Apparently its a known bug. The solution is to type: cd "C:/program files/pixinsight/bin" (including exclamation marks) into the PI process console command line. In my case I had installed PI in the D drive of my desktop, which was probably the reason it couldn't find the files. I used "D:/program files/pixinsight/bin" which got it working on the desktop. I installed PI into the C drive of my laptop and Starnet loaded and worked OK without the fix.

Edited by BlueAstra
  • Like 1