Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello everyone, I've got a question.

I want to upgrade the visual back on the Mak 127. The standard back on the Mak is not pleasant to work with as seen in the image. I need to get rid of this plastic thing. I purchased a mak to sct adapter when I bought the scope, I never got around to doing anything until now as I've just acquired a Baader 2.25x barlow as shown in the image.

Now, I've had a go of attaching the the Baader Barlow into the original plastic thing on the mak, it works .... but I'm not happy with the connection being made with the two locking screws, as there is still movement when the barlow, t-ring and Canon DSLR are all in the train.

I've been having a look on FLO for some work around, does anyone have some input as to whether this will work.

Mak to sct adapter-> Baader 2 inch to 1.25 reducer adapter->Baader 2.25x barlow + T ring & DSLR

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-2-to-125-reducer-adapter.html

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/BaaderT2ext-1508153.html

Any input or a better way of securing everything is greatly appreciated!😊

Plastic Thing.jpg

Size.jpg

Mak to SCT 48.7MM.jpg

Barlow and T.jpg

Another option I've come across is this , Baader ClickLock 2"-1.25" Adapter  and Baader T2 Extension Tube to bring it to 40mm when attached to the mak to sct adapter. Anyone have any experience with this? 

Edited by hennyvenom
Words, tags

Cheers @johninderby , thanks for the response :) 

So the SCT to T2 adapter threads onto the Mak to Sct adapter, or is the back on your scope SCT natively ? I kinda want to get away from the locking screws on the extension pieces . I'll definitely have a look at that adapter👍

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

Yes the Bresser has a standard SCT thread allready. 

The TS adapter has a proper compression ring fitting as well as the T2 thread on the top. Hate the cheapie visual backs they use on little maks. 

Ah I see, I missed the compression ring!

• 1 year later...

Almost a year later from Nebulas' original post it's the time to ask for advice.

I have the same telescope (SW Skymax 127) and I want to replace/upgrade its original visual back. I am considering a Baader Clicklock SCT to 2" eyepiece clamp, but what I miss is the Mak to SCT adaptor Nebula is talking about. So could you please let me know which Mak to SCT adaptor you use (and if possible provide a photo)?

Thanks in advance,

Bill