NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

draco triplet with asi1600mm and newtonian 200/1000

tonioche

hi all, here's a little image from this weekend, taken with my newly acquired 200/1000 newtonian.

i shot it with an asi1600mm and zwo lrgb filters. i used individual 180 second exposures and stacked them in DSS, then used siril to assemble the rgb image then processed it in photoshop.

L: 40x180sec

RGB:3x18x180sec

mount: EQ6R guided with zwo OAG and asi290mm mini

i like this triplet with lots of distant galaxies in the background.

clear skies 

ngc5985finalesuperlrvblr.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Great image with a lot of fuzzies in addition to the major galaxies! What Newtonean is it?

Maybe the sky is a bit too bright for my taste. It is around 35 - 40 (PS units), while most seem to prefer it to be around 20 (I think Olly says it should be 23/23/23). There is no apparent structure in it so I do not think it is integrated flux nebulosity (IFN).

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tonioche said:

hi all, here's a little image from this weekend, taken with my newly acquired 200/1000 newtonian.

Very nice image.

What coma corrector are you using? 

Adam

• Thanks 1

What I find so remarkable about this image, is that even with a relatively short integration time, you managed to capture a hint of the shell structure in the elliptical member of this group, ngc 5982. 

Edited by wimvb
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gorann said:

Maybe the sky is a bit too bright for my taste.

i'll agree with you on that one. i didn't measure it to be honest, just did it visually and it really depends on the screen you're viewing it on.

10 hours ago, gorann said:

What Newtonean is it?

it's the skywatcher 200 f5

6 hours ago, Adam J said:

What coma corrector are you using? 

TS Optics GPU

thanks a lot for all your comments guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonioche said:

i'll agree with you on that one. i didn't measure it to be honest, just did it visually and it really depends on the screen you're viewing it on.

it's the skywatcher 200 f5

TS Optics GPU

thanks a lot for all your comments guys

Yes, we cannot really trust what we see on the screen and the light level in your room also plays a big role so it is a good idea to keep an eye on the values in the histogram. In your case it is easily fixed with a tweak of the curves - much worse if one ends up with a too dark sky and clipped dark data in the image. I usually keep the sky as bright as yours until the very end to make sure I do not clip it during processing.

• Like 1

That is very nice and I do prefer this version.

Since your original post I noticed that I observed NGC5982 in 2011 and 2017 but no record of the other two. I have also noted that Sue French in her book - Deep Sky Wonders  she stated that all three were viewed in her 10" Newt.

Look forward to darker skies.

• Like 1