NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Melotte 15 (from 2016)

carastro

Thanks Newbie and Simmo.

When you say mapped SHO, do you mean red mapped to sulphur, green mapped to ha, and oxygen to blue.. isn't that Hubble pallet?

•  

Correct.

Carole 

Hi Carole , cracking pic ..

im struggling with the Hubble pallet even more than the normal pallet 😂, as most of the data is normally captured with Ha when you assign to the Green channel , everything is green ! Or at least on my images ..😳 

Anyway .... super  pic and very nice processing ..😉

Brian 

Thanks Brian:

im struggling with the Hubble pallet even more than the normal pallet 😂, as most of the data is normally captured with Ha when you assign to the Green channel , everything is green ! Or at least on my images ..😳 

Yes the image will come out very green initially.   Depending on which software you are using, but in Photoshop I go into Image adjust/selective colour and alter the green sliders to make different colours.  The blue needs adjustment too to bring out the nice blue parts of the images, plus some colour balancing as well.  I generally fiddle with all the selective colour tools until I get a colour that pleases me.

Carole 

On 26/05/2019 at 20:01, carastro said:

I used photoshop both times.  Just did a better job this time.

Carole 

Very nice image Carole. Even though I am a bit of a dead head where IT is concerned I am actually pretty good in PS, what I always find interesting is no matter how many times I do the same set of data, I never seem to get the same result twice.

Alan

That's pretty common Alan.  Take a look at my original process (linked under the image), you can't get two more different bits of processing.   

Thanks for the comments.

Carole 

On 27/05/2019 at 07:06, Brian28 said:

Hi Carole , cracking pic ..

im struggling with the Hubble pallet even more than the normal pallet 😂, as most of the data is normally captured with Ha when you assign to the Green channel , everything is green ! Or at least on my images ..😳 

Anyway .... super  pic and very nice processing ..😉

Brian 

Brian - As Carole's noted the "secret" behind hubble palette is using selective colour - I always found THIS link pretty useful in getting something close, and you can then tweak the colour further, either by repeating some of the changes and/or amending the layer transparency to taste...

... But back to Carole's image...  Very nice indeed, Carole! :).  (I'm hoping I might even be able to capture some data myself sometime - maybe this year?)

Archived