Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

All Sky Camera Revisited

Gina

UMa is quite obvious in the centre of the frame, but UMi is distinct to the north with Draco curling around it and Leo very obvious to the south, too.

James

• Like 1

Got dew.  Seems the dew heater isn't working.  Just been out to observatory and done some testing.  Rewired the dew heater line to the raw +13.8v main obsy supply and the increase in current shows that the dew heater is now working.  Just waiting for the heating to take effect now,

Alright again now!

90s exposure, gain 200, temperature -21.1°C.  The heating added in the casing has reduced the effectiveness of the camera cooling.  The dew is clearing.

1643775339_Screenshotfrom2019-05-0423-35-54.png.b7398f1c5a6b4b6c1c6e528267f85e00.png

You got clear skies !

Clouded over again here...… ?

Camera looking good though, do think you have cleared the problem for good or is it temporary ?

• Thanks 1

Yes, clear skies here.

Can't yet tell if I've cured the problem - I need to get the positive pressure system working and see if the pressure is maintained or if I have a leak.  I think the chances are good though.

Yes!  If any show up I'll catch them.  Running continuously except for download time (couple of seconds).  About 150 90s frames between now and daybreak.  Should catch a couple of passovers of the ISS if it isn't too light by then (4am).