Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik Repairs ??

kirkster501

The USB port on my 460 camera seems a tad iffy.  Wondered what experience folks have of getting this stuff repaired please?  I always think these none captive USB cables are ridiculously flimsy.

Who did you contact? Just the email on their website?

Thanks, Steve

Thanks Dave.  Will contact them tomorrow.  I can't connect my Atik tonight to the computer no matter what USB port I use and I suspect the port is knackered. I doubt very much that it's the electronics.  The EFW2 USB port seems to be on the way out too.  I had this before my OBS was built so had to set up every night which puts wear and tear on the ports.

+1  for Atik  service.    I snagged a USB cable on my EFW2 that cracked the solder on the PCB....   I could have fashioned a repair, but thought I would give it to the experts.

Worked a treat ever since.

1 hour ago, kirkster501 said:

Thanks Dave.  Will contact them tomorrow.  I can't connect my Atik tonight to the computer no matter what USB port I use and I suspect the port is knackered. I doubt very much that it's the electronics.  The EFW2 USB port seems to be on the way out too.  I had this before my OBS was built so had to set up every night which puts wear and tear on the ports.

Yes, another downside to set up and take down is the additional wear and tear on the USB ports. The USB ports on my Sitech and guide cam are definitely floppier than when initially purchased, just hope they hold out until the rig goes in the observatory.

Archived