Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Charioteer rides forth!

The Nine Stones Circle dates back to the bronze age and is located in the Peak District close by Robin Hood's stride and the village of Winster.  Now there are only 4 stones left (in fact there may never have been 9) but they are the tallest prehistoric stones in Derbyshire the largest being a little over 2 metres.  Auriga hangs nicely over the circle in the early evening and fitting for a bronze age charioteer!

This was a single shot using a Canon 80D with a Samyang 14mm lens at F3.5, ISO 1600, 25 seconds

I have taken out an artistic license and emphasised the main constellation stars a little

Pixel peepers will have no problem spotting the off centre optics.  This is a nearly new lens (the F2.5 version) and it's first proper outing.  Unfortunately the tripod toppled over a bit later causing a minor scratch to the front lens so that rules out any chance of sending it back.  Oh well, Happy with the pic though.

Auriga over Nine Ladies.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like this a lot.

Mind you when faced with such obviously competent competition I don't know why I even try entering - there are some beautiful images in this competition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived