Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonights summary NGC891, M1, Horsehead

anthony

Lovely night tonight again and a Friday. So lucky. Set up around 7pm or so and because I couldn't of anything else (horizon issues) I went for NGC891 again. I have tried this a few times recently but this is the best so far.

FLT110 SVX H9 No filter 5x10min 6x15min subs. Dark and flat fielded. Quick process as i really want to put the same effort into colour if the weather holds

Anthony

post-12863-133877349079_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And M1. 6x15min subs, dark frame subtracted. Againa quick process as i want to couple OIII data with this and make a flase 3rd channel and colour. So another work in process.

Anthony

PS also have a horsey on the go. Just run a 20min sub and trying my hand right now at a 30 min sub!

post-12863-133877349086_thumb.jpg

Hi Doc,

I have the SVX guide head from Starlight express. I had it slotted into an 80mm F6 refractor sat inside a set of losmandy guide rings. The mount is a losmandy G11. As a combination this means guiding is generally predictable without me having to learn all the ins and outs too thoroughly. Once used to the set up things generally go smoothly.

The imaging scope is at 770mm focal length and so is quite accomodating to longer guided exposures. Having said that though, the longest I have successfully guided previously at this sort of focal length is 10mins. So 20 mins and 30 mins are figures I am delighted with. Hopeful of a good winter to really exploit this set up.

Anthony

It is a good idea to gather as much info as you can beforehand. However, there is nothing like getting your hands on the kit and learning through experience. It is just as appropriate to say "learning through inexperience" too!

It has taken me ages to get here and several changes in kit along the way ( I am now quite familiar with the world of astro buy sell). There are a few definite guidelines to follow when starting but there is so much that is variable depending on what you wish to do, how much you can spend, how much time you have, what your skies are like etc etc. Either way this (and UKAI) are the forums to get the info!

Anthony

What a great night! 3 very different images and they've all come out well which shows what a great set up that is. I had an FLT 110 on loan from Steve last year and was using it with an SXV H9. The best all round set up I've used.

Archived