Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MarsG76

Hello Astronomers,

As I'm still slowly processing my remaining data captured earlier this year, now I'm sharing with you my image of the Lagoon Nebula exposed in narrowband Hubble palette.

To me, the shape of M8 in narrowband resembles the map of Australia...

This image was also in the group of captures in exposing the Prawn, Lagoon and Swan nebulae on the night of 5/6 July in OSC natural color. As with the Prawn and Swan nebulae, I decided to spend a few nights capturing SII, HAlpha and OIII data of M8 also, spending 1/3rd of the night imaging time on each of the objects, this way I ended up with data of all three at the end of the imaging sessions.

This image was exposed through my Bosma 80mm refractor and the full spectrum modded Canon 40D on nights from 6th till 19th July 2019.

The total exposure for all three channels of this image was 1002 minutes.

Thanks for looking, Clear skies

Mariusz

IMG_5556.JPG

I actually like the more natural look of images, I find some of the images I have seen look over processed, where too much emphasis is placed on adding colour.

I saw an image recently of stacked O-III, Ha and So I think, no colour added and it was amazing. 

So what I am saying is I approve, this is a lovely looking image, has a very nice natural feel about it. ?

28 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

I actually like the more natural look of images, I find some of the images I have seen look over processed, where too much emphasis is placed on adding colour.

I saw an image recently of stacked O-III, Ha and So I think, no colour added and it was amazing. 

So what I am saying is I approve, this is a lovely looking image, has a very nice natural feel about it. ?

Thank you.... I agree with you over processed images losing their appeal but when done properly, I think that narrowband has something interesting and appealing  about it... definitely helps to bring out a bit more details which are normally lost in natural color.. not to mention being able to image during full moon nights...

If interested, below is my lagoon imaged in natural color on 5 July, the night before I started to expose through the narrowband filter.

thats really nice is the natural colour one. Come to think of it I think I recently saw an image which was a combination of narrowband and natural, do you have any images like that ?

Anyway, don't remember if I mentioned  that I don't do imaging myself although I have played at it but as a visual observer I appreciate the more natural look. Well done. 

19 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

thats really nice is the natural colour one. Come to think of it I think I recently saw an image which was a combination of narrowband and natural, do you have any images like that ?

Anyway, don't remember if I mentioned  that I don't do imaging myself although I have played at it but as a visual observer I appreciate the more natural look. Well done. 

Interesting idea... I can't say that I created a combo of natural and NB data... at least not anything more than mixing a bit of HAlpha to emphasize the red and OIII to give blue a bit of a punch....

Personally I do not have a hard preference between NB or natural color as different object do look better in one or the other.

Archived