SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

QHY10 BAD IMAGES

ebdons

Hi All, this has just started happening with weird bands  on the image and star streaks and the bayer matrix is merged in a weird way, bought from MA  just over a year ago, checked the drivers swapped leads PS is working fine, was producing some good images but not for a few weeks as I tried to test and cure it, will contact Bernard at MA and see if he can get it repaired/replaced or tested? have taken farks and flat to try to get rid of these defects but no joy, could this be bayer matrix failure? top image from before fault.1179235155_M42NEWTF4ALTAIRNEWTCLSCC4X5MINLIGHT20X1SECBIAS.5X1MINFLAT.thumb.jpg.9e2a920e8860f2e8990ab19ccaf047f2.jpg610008454_M425MINUHCIMAGEFAULTREPLICATED.thumb.JPG.f91dd67cb9c9caa28e5d9f910f290c2a.JPG1639316650_M42IMAGECOLOURFAULT.thumb.jpg.b4df2b7850f76faeecae5c9d8d9b9fce.jpg

Hi Ebdons,

I had a similar issue with my QHY8 Pro. Go to the QHYCCD.com website, open the contact tab and open a new ticket and load the information you have detailed here, including the photos. This will be passed onto the support team who will analyse your data. They are quite good and thorough. I had to send my QHY8 Pro back for repair. If you need to do likewise, please contact Bern at MA and he will organise the dispatch and return. Do not try to do this on your own. I tried it once and it was seized in Beijing customs and it took QHY two weeks to finally persuade them to release it. I thought I would never see it again ?

Steve

Hi All, thanks gents, just an update, noticed last night cooling went way beyond the -15 tec I usually set it to it went to-35  then back to -15  will try again tonite, top image with cls filter, middle cls without colour transfer and bottom with same cls image but with colour transform etc, stars started to show horizontal white lines which never happened before. all these are with 120 Sw with FF, will try tonite without to see if it happens again without FF, and without filter. will keep you posted. Tony

After more testing without the FF still  image faults there in all images so it needs to go back to QHY, only just  a year old and failure. images from tonite. i can't upload any pics onto the QHY site tried all png gif resized etc bmp Tony813407013_2MINGUIDEDNOFILTERNOFFSTILLIMAGEISSUE.thumb.jpg.b0d460f1baee3994672b59c02519c64b.jpg661418931_2MINGUIDEDNOFILTERNOFFCOLOURTRANSFORMSTILLIMAGEISSUE.thumb.jpg.41e12eb91ba8c07aa711a2fccc2c1f12.jpg1043664498_10MINGUIDEDNOFILTERIMAGEFAULT.thumb.JPG.cded751d821be103c85f47a609e0de47.JPG

Hi thx for the input will try another scope tonite to see if it still exists normally use a f5 120 sw which is what I used before, why the change in the image I don't know. if I have blooming then I have it out of nowhere as I've never seen on this cam/scope  combo, I'm worried that this cam may become an expensive paperweight? will do some more testing on a newt and see?

10 minutes ago, ebdons said:

Hi thx for the input will try another scope tonite to see if it still exists normally use a f5 120 sw which is what I used before, why the change in the image I don't know. if I have blooming then I have it out of nowhere as I've never seen on this cam/scope  combo, I'm worried that this cam may become an expensive paperweight? will do some more testing on a newt and see?

If you are using the same scope/exposures/targets and haven't seen this before then I would guess it is some sort of fault - like not properly setting the sensor to 'zero' before an exposure (I'm not 100% sure how CCDs work this).

I'm getting this on 1 sec frame and focus in stark labs see the lines on the bright stars, looks like blooming but in 1 sec? weird qhycccd not great on customer service. maybe I will reset the gain to 0 or 1 and offset to about 117 and see?1347065152_1SECFRAMEANDFOCUSSTARLINESAGAIN.thumb.JPG.cfc2a9f26ab701345167e907704e1a09.JPG1649425449_5SECEXPSTARSTREAKSEVIDENTNOFILTER.thumb.JPG.ac5fbff2c79e92e9e68f1d85fdeaff87.JPG

Just noticed something else when in capture mode the red light is flashing, but before this light was green? what does this really mean green is good? and red is bad? now I have green with red what is going on, still my images are as bad as before tho. done some moon shots  with nd3.0 filter and very short  exp times like 0.0000000003/sec otherwise I get the defects in the image again. 1st image longer exp gain set to zero.404075531_MOON10SECEXPASTROPROPLANETGAIN0OFFSET125.thumb.JPG.526a97a205e1338839ece360c24caf6d.JPG2087115085_MOONO.OOOOOOOSECGAIN0OFFSET125PROPLANETASTRONOMIK.thumb.jpg.4744903c6599d3d67df0531801911a7d.jpg110533844_MOONO.OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1SECEXPND3.0FILTER.thumb.JPG.bb876741b414cc0edcc7fc08b3c0a7e4.JPG

I was also getting some kind of stripes with my qhy10 when I first started using it with apt and I've been told that it's a driver fault and disabling the auto fits orientation in apt might solve the problem and it did. 

Not related but out of curiosity, what gain and offset do you have set on your qhy10 and how did you work it out? I think I have mine set wrong.

Hi All, thanks I did try starklabs 3 and 4 and ezcap also showed the same defects. I tried various gain and offset and none was working as it did before, done the calibration according to the manual gain setting was 8 or 12% and offset 112, QHY have been in touch and after doing some more testing including the PS and drivers etc, they are certain that it needs to be sent back to them and that maybe  the cam has developed a oversensitive issue on/in the bayer matrix? does this make sense? have contacted Bernard to arrange pickup, if it can be repaired then all the better as it's a great imager for me. Tony

Hi will try APT and test again tonite perhaps? these are from now with new driver installed using stark labs and apt but still the same the colour images went to colour by themselves that's never happened before as I  always adjust the image before Debayering in stark labs, last one shows something amiss? well it's down to MA and QHY now? Tony

ALGOL AREA 5 MIN GUIDED NO FILTER WIERD COLOR IMAGE STUCK ON AUTO (Small).jpg

ALGOL AREA 5 MIN GUIDED NO FILTER WIERD COLOR IMAGE STUCK WENT ONTO COLOR IMAGE AUTOMATICALLY.JPG

M45 AREA F4 NEWT NO FILTER STILL IMAGE FAULT 5 MIN GUIDED GAIN 12 OFFSET 114.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, just an update, I sent the cam back to MA, it took a while and  QHY decided to replace the whole cam, as they said the cam was beyond repair when sent to be tested at the QHY European base, good service from Bernard at MA.  Ton

Hi just testing with the QHY10 and EDT80 with astronomic CLS filter, need to fine tune the ccd spacing etc, but not  great images with dodging the clouds/rain etc, maybe need the  IDAS LPS P2 to get a better result when the sky is poor/moon contaminated, I'm getting vertical streaks on the images, also getting them worse on frame and focus in stark labs, could be a usb lead or Power issue?

M81 M82 6X10MIN NO DARKS.PNG

M42 AFTER PS PROCESS 39X2MIN LIGHT,OTHER FROM LIBRARY ON 18 NOV 2018..jpg

34 minutes ago, ebdons said:

Hi just testing with the QHY10 and EDT80 with astronomic CLS filter, need to fine tune the ccd spacing etc, but not  great images with dodging the clouds/rain etc, maybe need the  IDAS LPS P2 to get a better result when the sky is poor/moon contaminated, I'm getting vertical streaks on the images, also getting them worse on frame and focus in stark labs, could be a usb lead or Power issue?

M81 M82 6X10MIN NO DARKS.PNG

M42 AFTER PS PROCESS 39X2MIN LIGHT,OTHER FROM LIBRARY ON 18 NOV 2018..jpg

Maybe electrical interference? 

Hi, thx it maybe the p/s altho I get all 4 lights on the dc201 box, my p/s is within spec 12v 4A etc, but maybe going off a bit even tho on the meter it's within spec? could be the power lead as well or usb. will check and get back here?

Archived