Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First frame of first attempt M45

zero

My first attempt at 'proper' imaging at last. The observatory has been ready to go for 2 years but I just couldn't be arsed with it all until this week. This is a single shot, I still have 10 more like this to stack up and process, but this was encouraging. I now want a CLS filter...

Imaged with a 4" f7 APO + EOS300d

Piggybacked on my 10"LX200GPS with a dsi guiding with PHD

1 x4 minute exposure

1x bottle of Chilean merlot.

Thanks chaps.

I've actually decided not to bother strangely enough. rather than spen time collection data and ages processing it, I've decided to build up a small 'portfolio' of simple images like this M45 for this season so I have some reasonale pictures to keep the enthusiasm up, then re-visit them next year and spend time doing them properly. I'm happy with what I'm getting on single shot for now and I must admit I find imaging a bit boring really. Whilst the observatory is imaging, I'm in the garden with my newly finished 3" brass refractor getting backache. Go figure.

Anyway, thanks for the cool feedback. Trev, get your backside up to TH so we can make your shadastron C11 all nice and shiny for your observatory

Steve.

Archived