Another another M31

Allinthehead

I needed something big and bright to image last night with a 50% moon so this seemed the obvious choice. Probably not the best night to try and chase the feint nebulosity surrounding Andromeda but i think i caught a little.

Takahashi Epsilon 130d

Zwo Asi 071 pro Osc

130 * 150 second subs gain 50

Az Eq6.

Sequence Generator for capture

Stacked in App and processed in App, PS and PI.

Hope you like it.

Richard.

558753289_Andromeda_finalcopy2.thumb.png.4ff0e6b6a9392efc0192dfe95fb3d44e.png

Jpg for slower connections

500230963_Andromeda_finalcopy2.thumb.jpg.0631d5fc1d71039bab197f6c64e7b3c2.jpg

40 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

needed something big and bright to image last night with a 50% moon so this seemed the obvious choice. Probably not the best night to try and chase the feint nebulosity surrounding Andromeda but i think i caught a little.

Takahashi Epsilon 130d

Zwo Asi 071 pro Osc

Az Eq6.

Sequence Generator for capture

Stacked in App and processed in App, PS and PI.

Hope you like it.

Richard.

That is a very  impressive result Richard, you must be very pleased with the result. 

What was the duration of your subframes ?

Alan

21 minutes ago, SyedT said:

Absolutely stunning, one of the best M31s I've seen! Even more so considering you used an OSC camera during 50% moon. Lovely star colour as well. ?

Thanks Syed. Glad you like it.

3 minutes ago, tomato said:

A First Class result, great detail and a really nice colour balance.  This is a lot of short duration exposures I presume? It certainly hasn’t suffered with a substantial moon around.

Thanks appreciate that. Yes i forgot to include those details. With the epsilon anything over 150 seconds becomes washed out and red with the light pollution. This has 130 by 150 second subs.

2 minutes ago, alan4908 said:

That is a very  impressive result Richard, you must be very pleased with the result. 

What was the duration of your subframes ?

Alan

Thanks Alan. Yes very pleased although it just looks like a blurry image to me at this stage ive been looking at it so long. I've updated the info above to include sub length.

24 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Really beautiful image!

I think I can detect some of IFN around M31 - that is quite a feat with OSC and under 6 hours of exposure.

Thanks Vlaiv. This one got a bit of an extra stretch to bring out some nebula. It's a difficult one to get the background right as the IFN looks like a gradient.

18 minutes ago, RayD said:

That's really very impressive.  Well done indeed, Sir!

Thank you Sir.

1 hour ago, Xiga said:

Wow Richard, that's a fantastic M31. I thought it looked good, then i looked at it full screen on my monitor and was blown away. 

And i love those stars! 

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Agreed with all above, that is one of the THEE best M31s I've seen.

High praise indeed from the Irish lads. Thanks guys.

I'm speechless! I thought it looked pretty darn good at the large size, but then I clicked again and viewed in it at full size and couldn't believe my eyes.... it is simply magnificent... not enough superlatives! I too add my voice to those above who wrote that this is one of the best M31's I've ever seen! Well done!

Cheers,
Rudy

20 hours ago, Rudy Pohl said:

I'm speechless! I thought it looked pretty darn good at the large size, but then I clicked again and viewed in it at full size and couldn't believe my eyes.... it is simply magnificent... not enough superlatives! I too add my voice to those above who wrote that this is one of the best M31's I've ever seen! Well done!

Cheers,
Rudy

Thanks Rudy. Glad you enjoyed it.

That is a really outstanding image. Congratulations! It makes me very optimistic about this season since I just started using my new ASI071. My only suggestion would be that, if you get the opportunity, maybe you could capture a few shorter exposures to bring out the subtle details that are to be found in the core (or maybe you already have it in your data). Here is a collective DSLR effort I was involved with three year ago aimed at the core: Your starfield is obviously much better - I think we were too focused on the central details and we did not have such a nice scope as you have.

By the way. How much work is it with collimation on your Epsilon? A very very tempting scope. I like the way refractors always just do their job, but an Epsilon sitting side by side could be a dream for the future....

IMG587-589+OAdataPS3sign.jpg

On 06/09/2018 at 19:41, gorann said:

By the way. How much work is it with collimation on your Epsilon? A very very tempting scope. I like the way refractors always just do their job, but an Epsilon sitting side by side could be a dream for the future....

Sorry i missed your edit.

There's very little involved in collimation and that's coming from a complete novice on his first Newtonian. Mine arrived almost collimated but with a few tweaks it's pretty good now. I purchased a laser to help get it right and i can now do it in about 10 minutes maybe less. It should hold collimation for months. Probably the best thing about the scope is the way it holds focus through the night, and even onto a second night without having to adjust. 

About having two side by side? There's a guy on Astrobin, Andreas Zirke who has done just that. It's something i would consider if i ever get a permanent setup.

Archived