SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi I'm new here

Starfleet

I have only some interest in observational astronomy, so I may not be so dedicated as many of you professional astrophotographers here. I do read a lot on the theoretical sides of astronomy, so you may call me a 'cloudy nights' astronomist :D .

I like to share in the passion of all things astronomy, as i love the hobby and I like to learn more through discussions.

So here I am :)

my network outtage delayed me, but thanks for the greetings :sunny:

Cool to know so many people still 'look' at stars and not try to take piccies of them. I'm quite old fashioned actually, if i could bear the frosty nights now upon us I'd sit out in the yard with a pencil and draw the smudgy nebulae as much as my eyes will see.

I also would like to discover something. ha ha wouldn't we all. I still think there are faint stars that may be variable and not all of them have been charted in the sky. Has anyone here looked into such things? :)

Hi Starfleet and welcome! :)

I'm a fellow observer and do a lot of sketching. It's surprising what detail you can see with the old 'Mark One' eyeball when you study an object to sketch it!

Have a look at some of the sketches in the 'Imaging - Sketching and Unconventional' section. I've done a few, but you have to see (if you haven't done so already) Caroline's (alias 'Talitha') sketches of Globular clusters!

Stef

• 2 weeks later...

Archived