Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky-watcher Evoguide 50ED

FLO

For me it was weight and convenience. Was downsizing and wanted to have something with a wider field of view but lighter to lug around as I am a "set up every time" kinda guy! 

My old ST80 worked just as well though, as I am sure an old finder does.

The EVOGuide also doubles up as a nice quality wide field portable scope as you can use it with a diagonal.

Build quality is better than the ST80.

And it looks cute. ?

But I guess it comes down to price. Is it worth the extra if you already have an ST80 or finger-guider?

20 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

certainly looks nice. ive been told by  few people that guiding with a scope mounted on the finder foot isnt the best option, is this more to do with the quality of the bracket or the small footprint/contact area of that kind of mounting. 

I think it is because it may not be as solid and could introduce flexure. It feels solid to me though and I was guiding quite happily for a few hours the other night...10 minute subs....

1 minute ago, Marky1973 said:

I think it is because it may not be as solid and could introduce flexure. It feels solid to me though and I was guiding quite happily for a few hours the other night...10 minute subs....

could the rings be detached and fixed to a dovetail to piggyback it or are they fixed to the bracket?

33 minutes ago, Stu said:

Will you have free stock after fulfilling back orders Steve?

We cannot be sure until they arrive ?

We have submitted a large order so 'if' we receive the full amount we will be able to fulfil our customer backorders and have a handful remaining. 

Steve

1 hour ago, Marky1973 said:

e EVOGuide also doubles up as a nice quality wide field portable scope as you can use it with a diagonal.

But not any diagonal only a diagonal with a very short light path and they cost more than the telescope unless you've found a cheaper one.

15 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

But not any diagonal only a diagonal with a very short light path and they cost more than the telescope unless you've found a cheaper one.

Ah, my apologies, I thought it was okay with a diagonal but I stand corrected!

1 hour ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

could the rings be detached and fixed to a dovetail to piggyback it or are they fixed to the bracket?

The rings are screwed onto a plate that is, in turn screwed to the bracket. You potentially could remove the rings or that plate to mount on a bar for more stability?IMG_20180816_175906.thumb.jpg.503fde6be02cd70174d6b74b880ca448.jpg

2 hours ago, Dragon_Astro said:

Is that the ed72 you've got it on Marky? What's the 72 like?

It's a nice little scope.

I posted some thoughts here a few weeks ago

Which was kind of the wrong place....but I get easily confused.

Not had much chance to use it, but it is outside now with the Atik Horizon, so hoping to get some idea of how it all works together. Still need to reducer/flattened to make the most of it and hoping they will be in stock soon!

• 1 month later...

Archived