NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mesu 200 broke

harry page

Hi

well I just get everthing working , new camera etc and my mesu decides it does not like me and a motor goes kaput

so under mr mesu instructions out comes the motor and sent off for repairs

so out off action at the start of darker nights , hopefully for not too long

Harry

Thanks for posting the pic Harry, I have always been curious about the friction drive but would have preferred to have seen it revealed under happier circumstances.

Hope you get a speedy turnaround on the repair.

Steve

14 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

You can see it coming Harry...Clear moonless nights until it's fixed. Then wall to wall cloud.

A sad but probably true observation.

To the OP, I hope the repair is swift and reliable and that the above observation id way off the mark, 
Good luck with your repair Harry.

I wonder how much the component specs have changed since it first came onto the market. Olly must have clocked up hundreds of hours on his early version with no hardware failures to date? (I sure hope he doesn't read this......)

Hi People

there was a small knocking noise last week but a few days ago the whole mount started to vibrate badly and the encoder lost its mojo

Mr Mesu tells me this is the first motor he has had fail , to which I replied I am famous for breaking everything ?

I had to get my soldering iron out to remove it and of course will be required to put it back in ( bit of a pain ) , slightly more concerned about remounting the motor

with the correct pressure on the rollers - hope all will be well on return off motor/encoder

so go enjoy yourself everybody, while its clear every night ?

Harry

Hi

Well Mr Mesu had a look at my motor and deduced it was the attached encoder that was causing the problem , which he replaced and sent beck to me

I have now put it back on the mount and all seems A ok , All I need now is some clear skies for testing --Well I can hope ?

Many thanks to Lucas for the quick turn around and the FOC bit did not hurt as well

Harry

38 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

Well Mr Mesu had a look at my motor and deduced it was the attached encoder that was causing the problem , which he replaced and sent beck to me

I have now put it back on the mount and all seems A ok , All I need now is some clear skies for testing --Well I can hope ?

Many thanks to Lucas for the quick turn around and the FOC bit did not hurt as well

Harry

Excellent news, Harry.  I've found Lucas to be an incredibly helpful and generally nice chap.

Hopefully issues now all resolved. 

That's good news indeed. If you don't mind me asking, how difficult is it to re-assemble the motor and friction roller on to the mount? I would have thought there would be some super precise pre-tensioning procedure to go through to get the friction loading correct, but maybe not?

Steve

1 minute ago, tomato said:

That's good news indeed. If you don't mind me asking, how difficult is it to re-assemble the motor and friction roller on to the mount? I would have thought there would be some super precise pre-tensioning procedure to go through to get the friction loading correct, but maybe not?

Steve

Hi

If you look on the motor and top cap you will see a small line , I marked these positions on the mount with a marker and reinstalled to the same settings

the motor and cap are offset to the mounting so as you rotate these the pressure is adjusted , I did this by hand so no great pressure required

Harry

On 10/08/2018 at 13:38, tomato said:

I wonder how much the component specs have changed since it first came onto the market. Olly must have clocked up hundreds of hours on his early version with no hardware failures to date? (I sure hope he doesn't read this......)

More like thousands of hours, I think. Certainly over a thousand.

Olly

Well be me ---lets see

sx 56 - broke that

mesu 200 broke that

sitech controller -bugged to death

Ascom driver for sx cameras broke that

sgp ----well always broke

hitec weather station Broke that

12v power supply ---blew up

this is only in the last few months ?

I hope everthing is now fixed --cue load of clouds

Harry

16 minutes ago, harry page said:

Well be me ---lets see

sx 56 - broke that

mesu 200 broke that

sitech controller -bugged to death

Ascom driver for sx cameras broke that

sgp ----well always broke

hitec weather station Broke that

12v power supply ---blew up

this is only in the last few months ?

I hope everthing is now fixed --cue load of clouds

Harry

Blimey Harry remind me not to shake hands if we ever meet :grin:

Dave

13 minutes ago, harry page said:

Well I cut my own finger off once -- but never anybody's else's so you are safe :) 

Crikey, between the pair of you I wouldn't shake hands with you, there's digits coming off everywhere! ?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived