Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from David M

David M

Hi everyone!

I've just registered, so a bit about me. I have perfect dark skies from my garden in Herefordshire. I stopped teaching a year ago to set up an Astronomy business with my wife, Liz. We have set up starlearner.com to support teachers deliver Astronomy at secondary schools and for individuals to take GCSE Astronomy. I have written online textbooks for the present and new Edexcel GCSE Astronomy courses (our textbook for the new course was the first one for the new course). We also have OCR board texts online and provide other support materials for students aged 11 - 16 and adult learners. Schools and individuals from around the country are registering with us.

We run training courses for teachers for Astronomy, working with Keele University. Also, we give regular talks at Warner hotels. We love our work!

I went to the IYA2009 website in August and found that the first planned event was to be in April (others added since). Thought the year ought to get off to a great start in January - so we have set up 'The Night of the Thousand Telescopes'. I will post details on the forum at the IYA section - and full details are at starlearner.com (registrations are now taking place). How about coming along for a star party to remember on the Malvern Hills? You could even become a world champion in the process! (We aim to beat a Guinness World Record).

All the best

David M

• 3 weeks later...

Archived