Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Band's Musical Tribute to the Mars Opposition 2018!

orion25

Hi, all! Here is my band's tribute to the Mars Opposition, Emissaries to Mars! You'll get to see me on stage at the local opera house on the resident baby grand piano as well as some live Mars video footage. Enjoy!

Cheers!

Reggie :D 

4 hours ago, Charic said:

I like, especially the synths.
I have several analogue modelling synths, but just started to trial  Korg's analogue Volca series, and see where that leads me!

Thanks, Charic! I'm a bit of a synth-head and piano guy that likes to rock out occasionally, lol. I'm loving the little Korg MS-20 mini; it's my first analog synth actually. It's so much fun making patches with little cables, and playing with the knobs and switches. :D 

22 hours ago, RobertI said:

Superb Reggie, I got lost in your synth space rock for a few minutes there!   ?  I'd be interested to know who you musical influences are? 

Thanks, Rob! Charic hit the nail on the head with JMJ as an influence. Kraftwerk's a big one, too! Robert Rich and Michael Stearns are inspirations as well.

1 hour ago, orion25 said:

Thanks, Rob! Charic hit the nail on the head with JMJ as an influence. Kraftwerk's a big one, too! Robert Rich and Michael Stearns are inspirations as well.

Not heard of the last two, I shall look them up. ?

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Yes I enjoyed that Reggie! I will pop a bit of this on when I’m out with the scope next time if that’s cool with you ??

Thanks, tooth_dr! You have The False Dawn's absolute permission, lol! ;) 

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Nice one Reggie, excellent music and great video.

I like the guitar synth - I'd love to have a play on one of those!

Thanks, Neil! The guitar synth is a vintage Casio DG-20 Midi guitar. It can be a bit fiddly at times, but once you learn it you can make some crackin' sounds, lol!

1639967354_casiodg-20midiguitar.JPG.78800121807cbb1fa7b9d05fc718c764.JPG

5 hours ago, Macavity said:

OMG, the Korg MS20 (mini even!)? (Sale somewhat lamentented, but!) 
Oh to be able to play keyboards (guitar / anything) so competently...?

Oh, Chris, I am totally in love with that little synth. Korg recreated the original Korg MS20 with the mini, same circuitry, totally analog, at about 80% of the size. It's one of the most responsive synths I have ever played. And making patches is so organic and hands-on. I can see why some musicians are stuck on analog technology!

1302641858_korgms20mini.thumb.jpg.6849cf74f83e7f0f2328a6fb0f4fb5f0.jpg

Archived