Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Camping trip book recommendations?

Mr niall

I’m off to Eurocamp in August with the family, taking the bins but not expecting a great deal of observing time. Anybody got any good Astro related reading they can recommend? Books, textbooks, guides, whatever I don’t mind.

recently read the messier album, and if anyone wants it - Red Moon Rising - an absolute cracking account of the space race  as told from the USSR perspective.

If you have read about the Messier objects, then there is a good book written by Martin Mobberley entitled The Caldwell Objects. Martin has a great way of combining a sense of humour with accurate information. I have been using this book `in the field` at star parties to visually guide me through the Caldwell catalogue, plus there are good tips for imaging as well.

I loved this book, hard to put down really, it is a fascinating book that connects the dots between astronomy, biology, and geology.

Beginning with a fascinating account of 4 scientists and their research trip to the arctic, which led to an amazing discovery, the author is one of those scientists.

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 5.17.54 PM.png

I was bought the "The Infinite Monkey Cage - How to Build a Universe"   by Alexandra (Sasha) Feachem  &  Prof. Brian Cox, an entertaining and enlightening book that you can dip in and out of. Perfect for a holiday.

Archived