Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lagoon And Trifid With Hyperstar

HunterHarling

Hi all! 

I barely managed to get an hour of RGB data before the clouds attacked, although I would have liked to have more...

For this image I captured 1 hour of Hydrogen Alpha with the ASI1600 and C8+Hyperstar, and then one hour of RGB with my QHY10 OSC and IDAS LPS P2 Filter.

Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.

56428485_LagoonWideFieldRGBHaFinal.thumb.jpg.d93771d70ddbe3332212bd06308ccee6.jpg

Questions/comments welcome.

Stunning, just what I needed to see!

I currently use an ED80 whilst learning the craft. I do have an Edge HD 8" in reserve (currently used for lunar/planetary) and the aim is once I am more proficient and have made some gear upgrades (camera, mount +hyperstar) I would be using this setup. 

Could I ask what mount you are using?

12 hours ago, celestron8g8 said:

Wow , excellent capture ! I didn’t know anyone was still using a Hyperstar ? 

Thanks, I think a few people still do?

8 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

1600 + hyperstar ... just how much potential might that hold?? Certainly a promising start. Will follow with interest.

It certainly is a good combination. The QHY10 is also great.

8 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

It looks good.

For me the image is a little bit colour cold. I'd be trying to get the colour balance to bring out those sumptuous golds.

Olly

Thanks Olly, I'll try this.

8 hours ago, AstroKane said:

Stunning, just what I needed to see!

I currently use an ED80 whilst learning the craft. I do have an Edge HD 8" in reserve (currently used for lunar/planetary) and the aim is once I am more proficient and have made some gear upgrades (camera, mount +hyperstar) I would be using this setup. 

Could I ask what mount you are using?

Thanks! I'm using an AZ Eq6 Pro mount. It is incredible! It gives consistent 0.4 arc second guiding.

6 hours ago, Z3roCool said:

This is brilliant. Seeing images like this make me smile and strive to improve. Nice one :)

Thanks!

Archived