Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 - 30 hours

Petergoodhew

...and the message is: nobody ever had too much data!

That's great, and the extra data, despite laws of diminishing returns, open up lots of new possibilities which you've exploited very well indeed.

Most exciting.

Olly

11 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

...and the message is: nobody ever had too much data!

That's great, and the extra data, despite laws of diminishing returns, open up lots of new possibilities which you've exploited very well indeed.

Most exciting. 

Olly

Thanks Olly. I must say that the data from Les Granges was very clean with low noise levels. Having so much data to play with really does make a difference.

10 hours ago, ampleamp said:

That's excellent Pete. Did you look at just the Spanish/Les Granges data on their own and if so how did that compare? 

Yes Alistair, as I had previously processed the Spanish data on it's own: https://www.astrobin.com/336455/B/?nc=user

and Olly skillfully processed the Les Granges data on its own when I was at Olly's: https://www.astrobin.com/342334/?nc=user

You might be amused to see my very first image of M51 taken 3 years ago showing that I've made some progress since then.

16687854764_fbced1a7e2_o.jpg

7 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

Thanks Wim.  I can't detect any IFN, even under and extreme stretch.

Neither could I on my computer screen. But it looked like there could be on the screen of my phone. Probably caused by the resampling on my phone.

9 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

You might be amused to see my very first image of M51 taken 3 years ago showing that I've made some progress since then.

16687854764_fbced1a7e2_o.jpg

Yes. Definitely improvement. But your imaging has gone south as well.

What equipment and total time was used for that old image?

3 minutes ago, wimvb said:

What equipment and total time was used for that old image?

It was a modded Canon 1100D on an Altair Astro 115ED/APO scope with a 2xBarlow. 2hours 50 mins (14x300s @ 800 iso) captured from London.

Archived