SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A nice sunny day but not much action - 10/5/18

DRT

I've got the Baader Wedge & Evo 150 out today alongside the Lunt 50 Ha. There really isn't much going on in white light at all but there is a lovely prominence at around 9 o'clock on the disk right now in Ha.

I really do miss having some big sunspots to look at :sad: 

Your setup looks excellent Derek, shame the sun isn’t playing ball!

Can I guess that perhaps a 150ED might be replacing the f8 sooner or later? Would be a fabulous option I think.

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Your setup looks excellent Derek, shame the sun isn’t playing ball!

Can I guess that perhaps a 150ED might be replacing the f8 sooner or later? Would be a fabulous option I think.

How did you know? ?

APM 152 ED incoming from Deutschland :grin:

4 minutes ago, DRT said:

How did you know? ?

APM 152 ED incoming from Deutschland :grin:

Ah, APM, I was suspecting Skywatcher but APM will be very nice indeed :). I would love to follow suit at some stage!

10 minutes ago, DRT said:

APM 152 ED incoming from Deutschland

Didn't you once have the AA152 Derek ? be interesting to see how the APM152 compares as when I looked at one it appeared to be the same scope with a different objective.

Dave

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Didn't you once have the AA152 Derek ? be interesting to see how the APM152 compares as when I looked at one it appeared to be the same scope with a different objective.

Dave

I still have the AA152, Dave. It’s an F6 Achromat and is the lens for my Quark. 

The APM 152 is an F8 Apo - if only there were some planets in the sky it would kill them! ?

Archived