Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Andromeda galaxy with a DSLR

hectorbdn

Lovely image.

Did you use calibration frames? There is some vignetting in the upper left and bottom right corners. Flats should take care of that.

Thanks for posting

7 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Lovely image.

Did you use calibration frames? There is some vignetting in the upper left and bottom right corners. Flats should take care of that.

Thanks for posting

Hello, I Know! , I didn't take FLATS properly that night and I din't notice till I got home :( so, I tried to hide them with Photoshop but it was nearly impossible , that's the best I could do ...

Thanks for your comment! 

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Thats just beautiful!!

Thanks! I think so too! That's not the best picture of M31 I've seen (by far) but that's the one I made, so it's a very nice feeling! hehe?

8 hours ago, hectorbdn said:

Thanks! I think so too! That's not the best picture of M31 I've seen (by far) but that's the one I made, so it's a very nice feeling! hehe?

... and that's what it's all about.

Photoshop has a plugin/addon called gradient exterminator. I don't use it myself, but afaIk, it does a decent job at what its name says.

Clear skies, and have fun

10 hours ago, orion25 said:

Great detail in the spiral arms and nice bright core!

Bravo!

Reggie

9 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

That is a very nice image. As you say, all the better for being the one that you took.

6 hours ago, carastro said:

A great job, you've disguised the lack of flats pretty well.

Carole

4 hours ago, wimvb said:

... and that's what it's all about.

Photoshop has a plugin/addon called gradient exterminator. I don't use it myself, but afaIk, it does a decent job at what its name says.

Clear skies, and have fun

3 hours ago, fireballxl5 said:

Try the astro flat pro PS plug in, it's pretty good

http://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/AstroFlatPro1_News.html

Thank you very much, I tried many plug-ins but they didn't work, anyways that was the first time I add Ha to RGB and I had a hard time doing it, took me many hours to reach this result, first attempt was like this lol :

38352221366_1b0f1a9f08_c.jpgM31 - Andrómeda HaRGB by Héctor BcN, on Flickr

Archived