Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Matteo

The Ring Nebula 13/05/2018 01:39

The Ring Nebula 13/05/2018 01:39
(2300 light years)

GSO 0.20 m 
Sky-Watcher NEQ-5 Pro SynScan mount
QHY5L-IIC + IR cut filter / ASI 120MC + IR cut filter
f: 1000 mm
f/5
Total exp: 25 min

Combination of images obtained with the QHY5L-II and the new ASI 120MC (received from FLO) ?

Matteo Vacca Milis, Italy http://vaccamatteo.weebly.com/ https://www.astrobin.com/users/matteovacca/

M57.jpg

Edited by Matteo
  • Like 5

That's a great shot.   

I thought those two cameras were guiding or "planetary"  cams,  as opposed to "planetary nebula" cams....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very nice shot, I always like looking at images of this nebula.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Red Dwarfer
      Evening everyone ,
      Does anyone know the magnitude of the faint star just outside the Smoke Ring of M57 . Before the clouds rolled in tonight I was trying a new ES 8.8mm in the 200P and M57 looked really well at X 136 magnification , then the thought occurred to try it in the X 2 Barlow which gave a magnification of X 273 and , lo and behold , the Nebula was still clear but this time I could detect a faint star just outside it ( about 1 pm position ) 
      Initially , the reason for trying this high magnification was to try and see the faint centre star but this was not possible tonight ... If I knew the magnitude of the peripheral star compared to the central star , then I`d know if it was possible to see the central star at all ( maybe in darker Winter skies ) 
    • By orion25
      First attempt at imaging M57 using an entry-level deep space camera (Orion StarShoot Deep Space Video Camera II). Noisy image but I got the ring with color!
    • By Toxophilus
      A prime focus RGB image of the ring nebula M57. I had hoped for a better result but I seemed to have focus issues all night. If I really stretched the luminescence sub-frames I started to pickup details of the nearby faint spiral galaxy IC1296. For more detail the astrobin link is: http://www.astrobin.com/267930
    • By Toxophilus
      The Ring Nebula (Messier 57) is a planetary nebula in the constellation Lyra approximately 2300 Ly from earh. Planetary nebula are formed when ionized gas is expelled by a red giant star, which was passing through the last stage in its evolution before becoming a white dwarf.
      Taken in narrowband using the California, France, Hawaii Telescope palette
      (Hα = Red, OIII = Green, SII= Blue)
      Unfortunately my OIII data was slightly out of focus the the results is not a good as it could be. If you want to know more the asttobin link is: http://www.astrobin.com/255438/
    • By George 47
      I was imaging last night after midnight and the seeing settled down and I was able to take one of the highest resolution images I have ever taken. I am using a 10" APM Mak-Cass with an APM 0.6 focal reducer and a QSI 683-8 WSG. This is on a PMX. The LRBG was 300x10 L, 300x2 R, 300x2 G and 300x2 B. I needed to take more colour but dawn intervened. I measured the FWHM on the combined mono as 1.6 arcsecs which is the best I have seen. One of the images had stars at 1.4 arcsecs. The image has been LR processed and needs more colour but I doubt I will see that good resolution again. But you never know.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.