NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 30-04-18

johnfosteruk

A quick go at the mighty Jove with an MS vx-1000 webcam attached to the Skymax 102.

The seeing was atrocious which is to be expected.

Hand guided, 200 of 2000 frames stacked in AS!3 and a very rough attempt to bring something out with the wavelets. blended with a slower exposure to catch Ganymede and Io in an interesting configuration. I'm no planetary imager yet but this'll do I think!

5ae673839876d_Jupiter30-04-18.png.df149ab95fcff57fac6f81d2ca69b0d5.png

Good stuff.

jupiter is so low and the seeing needs to be spot on, throw in the cloud etc and we are struggling.

i have just been having another go at the stuff i took last week and cannot remember how to do planetary processing

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

I actually think this confirms the festoon/s I saw the other night

I thought I saw them too so was rather pleased to see them in the image. At first I thought I'd bodged it though, they're somewhat larger than I've seen for a while!

5 hours ago, orion25 said:

Nice, John. I like it! Jupiter is always a fun target, almost as fun as Luna. Thanks for posting the wavelets configuration; I'm still learning my way around Registax 6.

Reggie

Thanks Reggie. I shouldn’t have posted that. I was having a bit of fun with Ibbo, my actual wavelets were much more conservative!

15 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Nice job considering hand guided , try processing in AS3  then wavelets in registax it maybe able to tweak it a bit better 

Thanks. That’s what I did, any more pushing of the wavelets and it wasn’t pretty

2 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Thanks Reggie. I shouldn’t have posted that. I was having a bit of fun with Ibbo, my actual wavelets were much more conservative!

Haha, I was just wondering about that.:p

Archived