Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

your most used scope and eyepiece

My TEC160FL with televue plossl 55mm (and Night Vision ?)

Second is my Tak fc100df - great scope. However I’ve got something arriving in the next few months which will be I think a perfect travel scope and could become my most used scope as it will be v quick to setup.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 4 scopes at the moment and the one getting most use is the VX6 F5 , used mostly with ES 20mm 68° but I have a range of ES eyepieces in the case. Limited time, poor weather, and LP means many sessions are last minute grab n go and because I drive 15 minutes to a dark site time is very often of the essence. The simplicity and reliability of an AYO mount with Nexus DSC helps me maximise this time especially if LP/ seeing conditions are not so good.

Since I discovered the SW AZ GTI, I find no excuse against using It every night. My Fc100 will be ready in less than two minutes and It is an amazing combination.

Although I own 15 eyepieces, under dark skies I use my ethos 21 around 80% of the time.

I’m really considering selling my tsa120 because I haven’t used It for months. The tsa will show no false color and will let you go deeper on planetary details and on faint objects. But It is a fact that the best telescope is the one you will use most often 

25 minutes ago, At dusk said:

Since I discovered the SW AZ GTI, I find no excuse against using It every night. My Fc100 will be ready in less than two minutes and It is an amazing combination.

I couldn’t agree more, it is a fabulous combination :) My most used ever.

I use the AZ with a hand controller most of the time. I think that It works better. If I could control the mount via sky safari without the need of using two devices at the same time it would be different.

in winter is more awkward using a cell phone than the big buttons in the controller if you’re wearing gloves. 

3 minutes ago, DaveS said:

130mm f/7 TS Photoline Triplet apo, but what is this thing "eyepiece"? :evil4:. ATM using it with an ASI1600 MM-C.

Wasting a fine scope's visual viewing through playing with gadgetry! :hiding:

Archived