Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pelican nebula (Feature) IC5070

carastro

As mentioned in my other threads, I managed to get to a dark campsite for a few days during this good weather spell, together with some astro chums (2 from SGL).  Took my 130PDS for the first time post it's circumcision.

This target was not actually on my target list, but the mount was playing up and missing alignment stars and targets, so had to grab what I could.  Having said that this has been on my To Do list for a while.  

13 x 900 Ha
6 x 300 binned Oiii and Sii
Atik314L and 130 PDS
HEQ5

McPAFKAZzo9i_1824x0_Lgw4ZODT.jpg

Congratulations Carole! A very nice image of this Herbig-Haro object (I can see the jets shooting out from the snakes head).

I assume you also grabbed some Ha (and forgot to list it)?

Thanks Gorann,

Congratulations Carole! A very nice image of this Herbig-Haro object (I can see the jets shooting out from the snakes head).

Hmm, I wasn't even aware of them, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I assume you also grabbed some Ha (and forgot to list it)?

Good spot, I put Luminance instead of Ha, now corrected.

Carole 

Thanks Tom,

but leaves me wondering what procedure the 130PDS had to go through???

Ah, do you mean the circumcision.  Yes I had about 1/2" lopped off my focusser because it protruded into the light path too much and caused misshapen stars. 

Before

RTteRTZ0_d3x_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

47kSh-99PA4W_620x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

after

lLk2E9SsVGvi_620x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

5VV9KZcG7YyZ_620x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Not 100% perfect, but a huge improvement. 

Carole 

9 hours ago, carastro said:

Thanks Ray.  You missed a really great camp.  Shame we can't get the weather to coincide with the weekend. 

Carole 

Would be lovely Carole. Just landed from 5 days in Spain and nothing but cloud, so would have been better off staying here :hmh:

Archived