Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen HR Eyepiece

Pig

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, FLO said:

Unfortunately the 3.4mm HR has already sold out and we are advised no more are available ?

We don’t know when the next delivery will arrive but Vixen-UK say they will have an ETA for us sometime next week. 

HTH,

Steve

Crikey! I was very lucky to get my order in by the sounds of it, phew!

33 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Now, everybody face front...

DSC_1721.thumb.JPG.68cbc426476bad2e490ada477b66ca17.JPG

Now, in sleepwear...

DSC_1722.thumb.JPG.efae75628948d4f24a8bd068dbce295e.JPG

Thats brilliant !

When I contacted FLO about reviewing the HR's (last year I think) we agreed that it was not a high priority because they had not sold any at that point (quite a few months after their release). I suspect that sales will be picking up ! :smiley:

32 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Now, in sleepwear...

DSC_1722.thumb.JPG.efae75628948d4f24a8bd068dbce295e.JPG

Very impressive high power, and high quality line up there?

Great for us Frac users who love high quality views of lunar ,planetary and doubles ?

48 minutes ago, John said:

Thats brilliant !

When I contacted FLO about reviewing the HR's (last year I think) we agreed that it was not a high priority because they had not sold any at that point (quite a few months after their release). I suspect that sales will be picking up ! :smiley:

Would you consider reviewing mine? :happy11:

2 hours ago, iPeace said:

Now, in sleepwear...

Mike, when you have some spare time, could you measure the field stop for the 3.5mm HR, please? 

I believe it should be 2.5-2.6mm, but not completely sure. ?

P.S.

For those who wonder the field stops for the other focal lengths, these are: 

• 1.8mm (HR 2.4mm, measured),
  • 1.4mm (HR 2.0mm, reported on CN), and
  • 1.1mm (HR 1.6mm, reported on CN).

1 hour ago, 25585 said:

I expect FLO would lend a 3.4mm to John to compare against his 3.5mm XW. ;)

Of the range, the 3.4mm would be by far the most used with my scopes. The 2.6mm would get an occasional short session but the 2mm and 1.6mm would lie mostly idle I fear.

I'm judging the above by the use I make of the 2mm-4mm Nagler zoom. I wish it had a meter fitted so that I could get accurate data on how often I use each focal length !

1 hour ago, iPeace said:

Would you consider reviewing mine? :happy11:

Thanks Mike, I'm flattered by this generous offer. I'm a retired reviewer at present but if I even feel the urge again, I'll know where to turn :icon_salut:

18 minutes ago, John said:

I wish it had a meter fitted so that I could get accurate data on how often I use each focal length !

.. and you are lucky! "just" 4, 3, 2mm! 

My zoom spans from 25.1mm to 6.7mm, or 10.0mm to 2.7mm when the VIP is added..  I've stopped wondering which focal length is used at a certain time! 

To keep sufficient eye relief I would have to Barlow my 8-24 zoom giving 4-12 effective as a result.

John, does your AS own eye pieces? Perhaps if you all clubbed together it could buy a 3.4mm for you all to use?

1 hour ago, John said:

I wish it had a meter fitted so that I could get accurate data on how often I use each focal length !

It should also have wifi or bluetooth to wirelessly communicate this information in realtime for data logging.  Then, have this information on the internet so anyone can check to see what focal length you're using at any given moment.  ? IOT (Internet Of Things)

2 hours ago, Piero said:

Mike, when you have some spare time, could you measure the field stop for the 3.5mm HR, please?

Uh...sure. Yes, by all means. No problem. Er...what was that again? Measure the whoville?

I have a calliper somewhere - if you can show me where to measure I'll give my best effort.

:happy11:

2 hours ago, John said:

Thanks Mike, I'm flattered by this generous offer. I'm a retired reviewer at present but if I even feel the urge again, I'll know where to turn :icon_salut:

By all means. And don't worry, I didn't tell them I was going to ask you, so they won't be disappointed.

46 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Uh...sure. Yes, by all means. No problem. Er...what was that again? Measure the whoville?

I have a calliper somewhere - if you can show me where to measure I'll give my best effort.

Thanks :)  Here's the field stop. It might help unscrew the stray light mask attached at the barrel of the eyepiece. 

3365.Nagler04.jpg 

1 minute ago, Piero said:

Thanks :)  Here's the field stop. It might help unscrew the stray light mask attached at the barrel of the eyepiece. 

3365.Nagler04.jpg 

Um...still not entirely sure where to find this on the HR...if you're trying to prove I don't know the first thing about eyepieces, that's a pretty moot point anyway. :icon_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, iPeace said:

DSC_1728.thumb.JPG.eab0bf018b0a0c7eee94f51f128e607a.JPG

OK, best I can do is the innermost ring, where the glass starts. I see 5mm; if this can't be right then I'm clueless and will have to pass.

Okay, no problem Mike! Thank you anyway. I will have a look when I get one! 

BTW, in my 2.4mm, the field stop is beyond the glass. :) 

Archived