Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just did the Heart so here is the Soul

gorann

Several clear nights now and I have just found the thrill of Ha imaging. This is a mix of various data from last night and two weeks ago. It is a two frame mosaic with the Ha collected with my ES 5" refractor and a Canon 60Da with Baader 7nm Ha filter (mostly 25 min subs at ISO1600). The colour is from my Canon 300mm f/4 and a Canon 60D without any filter. It has been aroun -12°C so not much noise (but a lot of stiff hurting hands). SQM has been good for having snow coverage (ca 20.9) and guiding has been rather good for once (down to 0.5" RMS, but usually just below 1"). Totally nearly 10 hours of data.

I have to admit I mainly used the Ha for Lum but I think I did a rather good job at controlling the stars, which is usually a problem, by an elaborate use of masking.

Stacked in PI and processed in PS.

Thanks for looking and please comment/suggest. Maybe I should pull back a bit on the colour saturation?

IMG5460-536PS5+Ha PS14frameSmallSign.jpg

Excellent image, Göran. Ha as luminance clearly works.

It seems to me that this target is a bottomless pit, data collection-wise. Despite your 10 hours, there seems to be details lurking in the background, which more data could help pull out.

1 minute ago, wimvb said:

Excellent image, Göran. Ha as luminance clearly works.

It seems to me that this target is a bottomless pit, data collection-wise. Despite your 10 hours, there seems to be details lurking in the background, which more data could help pull out.

Thanks Wim!

Yes, when you say it it even looks like one (or two) bottomless pits, with a lot of strange features lurking in there.....

48 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I like it. This can be rather a bland nebula but the contrasts in colour and brightness between the outer and inner parts has made it shine.

Olly

35 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Very nice.... the colours are sublime and the contrasts good...... what a super image ????

Thanks Sara & Olly! Your comments made my day (and night - it is supposed to be clear again)

2 hours ago, MikeODay said:

Excellent image - I have never seen it like that before.  A wonderful and orginal image, well done!

Thanks a lot Mike!

Yes, it turned out quite well - and maybe different. I think the colours are quite strong but if I google it other RGB images are often well over the top in colour.

3 hours ago, Dinoco said:

That’s quite an incredible image, you must be really pleased with it.

Thanks Olli!

Yes, when you say it, it is quite nice and it could be the best I have produces so far with my own equipment suring my three years in astrophotography.

Archived