Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M1 - first of my Kelling batch

MartinB

This was taken early Saturday morning. Managed 6 x 900secs Ha 6x150secs binned G + B and, owing to a mistake setting the sequence, just 3x150 secs binned blue. Would have been more but last about an hours worth of data due to dew.

Scope 10" LX200R with SXV AO and QSI 532ws cam. Unfortunately I'm not able to use my 6.3 reducer at the mo so this was at native f/l 2500mm F10. Finding a guidestar to do justice to the AO with an off axis guider wasn't really possible. In the end I had to settle for 1/2 sec exposures. Also, for some reason the AO wasn't communicating with the mount so I had to occn manually make corrections to keep within the range of the AO.

Pleased with the Ha detail. Colour would have been better with a bit more blue. Would like to get some OIII at some point.

It was great to be imaging in company at Kelling, keeping awake munching crisps and chocolate ginger biscuits with glasses of white wine at 4.00am.

8894_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Now that is a 'cracker' Martin, the depth/detail is superb. Certainly worth the 'midnight oil' that you burned to get it.

Once you get the missing colour into it, it will be a real stunner!!.

Nice to see the LX200R (are we allowed to say that now :smiley: ), giving the coma free image, just as it 'says on the tin'.

Dave

Thanks everyone. Might have a play with the colour again but best to get me some more colour subs I think. I was grinning when the first Ha sub popped onto the screen but that might have been the wine.

Nice to see the LX200R (are we allowed to say that now :smiley: ), giving the coma free image, just as it 'says on the tin'.

Absolutely flat field across the KAF-3200 chip and fully illuminated as well. No doubt about the optics in these scopes Dave, I think the stars are pretty tight for 2500mm f/l

Archived