Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1848 Soul Neb HA 10" Newt WIP

Astroscot2

Iv'e been making the most of the clear nights recently despite the moon getting in the way a little.

I saw an image of this area some time ago on SGL and was amazed by the detail captured, seems there is a lot going on in this part of the sky .

Managed 32 x 15 mins over 3 nights, imaging runs were interrupted often, but happy to get 8 hours in.

Taken though Orion CT10, ASA Quattro corrector, F5.4, SXVH 694 camera and Badder HA filter 7nm.

Needs a little more data for another stretch, noise is starting to creep in.

Cheers

Mark 

5a23f0b4757ab_soulcalibratedSL.thumb.png.384a9e4630d4f4a8d0110123f2ad2d66[1].png

On 12/4/2017 at 02:16, MikeODay said:

Great image with lots of wonderful detail.  

The ‘dashed’ diffraction spikes are interesting - are they the result of the strong filtering out of shorter wavelengths in the spikes ?

You will get that effect in narrow band with a Newtonian, it shows very good focus. Diffraction spikes in broadband are normally like a rainbow effect, I get it clearly when I image M45 but when you use a narrow band filter you only get the red portion of the rainbow resulting in holes in the diffraction spikes.  

Archived