Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Why I love this Hobby and SGL

wookie1965

I posted last week about a focuser knob for my Tal well one to be made bigger. I had a couple of replies one who said they could 3d print one for me after a couple of pm`s back and forth we decided best thing to do was to send original knob and go from there. After receiving the knob I was sent a couple of mock up diagrams and decided on a design, keeping the old knob but adding extra to it. First go went wrong glue set too quick so had the knob with a wobble reprinted another one and posted it off complete. I received it today and I would like to thank Alex (angryowl) for taking the time to do this for me. This is the friendliest hobby I know and this forum is brilliant everyone is so helpful. I have attached pictures to show the handy work.

20171130_142323.jpg

20171130_142344.jpg

20171130_141945.jpg

20171130_141953.jpg

20171130_141958.jpg

@angryowl, what can i say about this guy. He's genuinely an awesome guy and whom i've had the pleasure of meeting up personally. Really makes this hobby worthwhile with people like him around :) Oh i do have quite a few other names to mention here but i'm sure they already know who they are so not going to steal Alex's thunder here :) SGL is great and people here are AAAAASUM!

Archived