Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observatory from a distance.

MattJenko

Whilst scanning the mountains from my new house in France with some binoculars, I noticed something glinting in the far distance. I set up my AA115 on the front stairs and lo and behold! Seems like a road trip is on the cards soon - The Pic du Midi observatory.

picdumidi.jpg

Impressive that you can see it from your house! I visited the pic du midi during a tour of the area around ten years ago. It was the fulfilment of A long held ambition as I had a picture of that Observatory my wall as a teenager (sad but true!).  It’s only accessible by cable car and makes quite a visit . Take some pics when you go and share with us. :thumbright:

3 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

I can see the Sun glinting off one of the domes on La Palma from my apartment on Tenerife.

Here in England, I can rarely see the sun glinting off anything.  But if it does, that means it's probably going to be cloudy that evening... :sad:

2 hours ago, wxsatuser said:

TV mast.

How very inconveniently placed. Perhaps it's a line of sight thing. 

It is a wonderful view though. Hopefully the skies are (nearly) as dark and clear for MattJenco as for the astronomers on the hill. 

Archived