Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rumble Pad.

As per the title.

What part does one of these play in the EQmod arena. Are they an advantage , or is

there something more proficient at whatever task these things do.

It is obviously a controller of some description, probably akin to a joystick.

If I would benefit from one. could someone recommend one to me.

Thank You.

Ron. :D

Basically when you GOTO to an object via the PC there is a good chance that the scope will have the object in view but perhaps not in the middle of the eyepiece.

You therefore need to move the scope to get the object centred as usual, however as the PC is controlling the scope you need to look at the PC and the eyepiece at the same time, ie not possible.

However, you can use a rumblepad, or any other type of PC gamepad/joystick, to move the scope whilst looking down the eyepiece as the mouse is not needed.

Its a lot easier.

Many people use the Rumplepad from Logitech. I got one last week on Ebay for £3.99. Bargain as they are nearer £20.00 in the shops.

Try and get a wireless one Ron, they are only a bit more expensive than wired but much more convenient in my opinion.

Mike

That seems a good Idea Mike. I am going to have a spaghetti mountain of cables, so If I can prevent adding another I am happy to do that. Thanks mate.

Ron. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Can I just add a stupid question to this... how do I get the rumble pad to talk to the software controlling the mount? I've got ascom control via astroart which shows arrow keys and you click with the mouse. So how will the controller repliacte the mouse movement :undecided:

Thanks

Helen

thanks Steve

:crybaby:

My handset keys are getting a bit sticky, so I thought this might be an easy solution (I've actully got a new nexstar handset,which I bought a cheap SLT mount to acquire, but I actually find the SLT mount quite useful :undecided: )

Helen

Helen you can buy a tin of switch degreaser from places like Maplins, this may help resolve the problems with your sticky buttons.

Alternativly find somebody who can replace them, they only cost a couple of quid each.

Sorry for the hijack BTW :undecided:

Basically when you GOTO to an object via the PC there is a good chance that the scope will have the object in view but perhaps not in the middle of the eyepiece.

You therefore need to move the scope to get the object centred as usual, however as the PC is controlling the scope you need to look at the PC and the eyepiece at the same time, ie not possible.

However, you can use a rumblepad, or any other type of PC gamepad/joystick, to move the scope whilst looking down the eyepiece as the mouse is not needed.

Its a lot easier.

Many people use the Rumplepad from Logitech. I got one last week on Ebay for £3.99. Bargain as they are nearer £20.00 in the shops.

Ive been trying to get to grips with EQMOD software, but if I have to center something, i've been using the handset direction buttons, is that wrong ?

Greenkat,

If you are using EQMOD via the handset, once you have switched on and done whatever you need to do to use PC direct mode, hang up the handset and don't touch it again.

All instructions to control the mount (goto's, minor movements to centre etc.) should be sent to the mount from your laptop. You can either use the EQMOD user interface that will be displayed (normal mouse / keyboard control) or plug a compatible game controller (such as the Rumblepad) into your laptop and use that.

Do a search on this forum for EQMOD, you'll find all sorts of posts with a variety of hints and tips and pointers to documentation that will help you.

Mike

Archived