Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 Whirlpool Galaxy

Space Cowboy

First proper outing with my EQ setup for over 6 months managed 1 hour 14 mins on M51 with the ST102 & ASI224MC.

Rather noisy as I had higher gain than I ought. Deep sky imaging is still doing my nut but when there are no planets beggars can't be choosers!

30 sec exposures used :

m51 1hr 14 bias CS2 RGB IA BEST.png

Thanks Martin. Planetary will always be my first love purely for the live hands on feel of imaging. A bit like fishing with a rod and line and feeling the fish bite, that rush of adrenaline when the seeing is good. Deepsky is like casting a net and only finding how good your catch is much later when it's all gathered in.

Having a permanent setup in an observatory must be a huge advantage.

On 04/09/2017 at 09:25, Space Cowboy said:

Thanks Martin. Planetary will always be my first love purely for the live hands on feel of imaging. A bit like fishing with a rod and line and feeling the fish bite, that rush of adrenaline when the seeing is good. Deepsky is like casting a net and only finding how good your catch is much later when it's all gathered in.

Dont know about that.. try the feeling of utter disappointment  as the view on the screen don't match with the conditions that you see in the ep..all of s sudden you realise Jupiter can dance..

On 04/09/2017 at 09:25, Space Cowboy said:

Having a permanent setup in an observatory must be a huge advantage.

What a great analogy!

Archived