SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AR12674 in H-alpha and white light (great seeing)

pietervdv

Hello all,

This morning during a clear spell I hauled the solarscope out and made these images of AR12674 (what a great region!). I took some shots with a tuned and detuned etalon (white light). I used a 150mm f/10 pst mod solarscope and a DMK31 to make these shots. The seeing was very good despite the low altitude of the sun. 30min after making these a massive thunderstorm swept over.

I also made an animation consisting of 30 15s movies that show the activity during 7.5min on the solar surface. Looks like I caught some running penumbral waves on the left spot:icon_biggrin:. This may take some time to load...

http://www.astronomie.be/pieter.vandevelde/solar_mod/ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Thanks for checking them out,

Regards and clear skies,

Pieter

sept4th2017_v2.jpg

sept4th2017_v2_2.jpg

white light sept4th2017.jpg

Thank you all for the generous comments! A large aperture solarscope can only truly deliver when the seeing is perfect. But when seeing is good, some very small details can be resolved. I could push the focal length to 2700mm.

1 hour ago, GreatAttractor said:

Great images, and the animation is a killer!

Thanks! Also for your great ImPPG software!

Pieter

Archived