NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear and soggy session.

cotterless45

Clear and dark , everything out there dripping with results of our near constant rain. I kept looking to the west for clouds, for a quick getaway. The Milky Way , although faint was right through to Cassiopeia .

Pegasus dominated the sky, with Cassiopeia high in the north.
Andromeda, gave lovely sparkling views of open clusters NGC 956, NGC 7686,NGC 272 and a view of NGC 752 and the dense star clouds of NGC 206. The "blue snowball", NGC 7662 was a startling blue even at x50. Checked out the very challenging 36 Andromedae, just about there.

Over to Aries and a view of our closest spiral galaxy , the "fiddlehead" NGC 772. High Lacerta and a view of the lovely NGC 7209. Pegasus gave the triple Σ3021 at 23h31.4m. +16 13'.

A quick tour of the old favourite Messier's and that stunning "Caroline's rose" NGC 7789 in Cassiopeia. Within minutes the whole sky was lost to thick cloud, but worth getting out for an autumn preview,

old Nick.

Good little session grabbed there Nick.

This weather doesn't seem to know what to do at present? I'm just hoping it's getting it all out of the way for Autumn / Winter to be clear and crisp :thumbright:

Wow more objects to add to my list. I went out but not as clear as that, could just make out Vega and then Ursa Major every other piece of sky was clouded out. I did have the police helicopter right over the top of me for 10 minutes I did wonder what I had done.

We are the same here Nick thought the wet and soggy comes from sweat at 35 degrees even now as the sun gets lower, been up to 41 today. The trouble with this weather and very little if any wind is heat haze low down. Seeing may not be too good but it is set fair for a while with more toasting tomorrow. Nice report BTW

Archived