Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Moon 31-07-17

johnfosteruk

Great for a smash and grab, very good indeed, hey hey i actually spotted the moon very briefly on the 30th ! my kit is all sorted just need some time, have managed to sort canon utilities onto little net book so i can set up auto imaging now 

5 hours ago, RichM63 said:

But the edges look slightly soft compared with some of your other images, is there an explanation?

All I ever use on the lunar images is the telescope and the camera Rich so there's nothing missing. It's probably the processing - been a little distracted the last few days so wasn't really giving my full attention. 

Ill have another go at the data I think, see if I can't sharpen it up a little. 

21 hours ago, Tyson M said:

Nice shots and close ups! Presented very well. Do you add the labels individually or does it auto generate with a program?

It's done automatically using the Lunar Terminator Visualisation Tool Tyson. See my rambling post here:

18 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Great for a smash and grab, very good indeed, hey hey i actually spotted the moon very briefly on the 30th ! my kit is all sorted just need some time, have managed to sort canon utilities onto little net book so i can set up auto imaging now 

Thanks Jules, glad you've got the gear sorted, looking forward to some results mate.

4 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

It's done automatically using the Lunar Terminator Visualisation Tool Tyson. See my rambling post here:

Thanks, I saw the thread awhile back but didn't download it. Now I will play around with it more. Thanks for the link! 

5 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Thanks Jules, glad you've got the gear sorted, looking forward to some results mate.

I am looking forward to getting some images, also in the middle of building a pier for my set up

Archived