Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flat Earth?........ Nah, it's official now!

RayD

@Erla Dont forget, it didnt end well for Magellan, I think he fell over the edge before he made it round ?

Who planted the Spaghetti Tree that Dimbleby harvested? (c.1957) indeed there is a great philosophical question yet unanswered :- "Where did the Spaghetti Seed come from ?"Β 

Edited by SilverAstro
  • Like 3

Don't mock the FES! Thanks to the internet, and the application of Poe's law,Β Β what you have, is one of the greatest Trolls of all time, and from this perspective, the FES is geniusΒ :iamwithstupid:

• Like 1

Why not, what else to do when it is raining ?:angel8:

They are not trolling us, they only persist to annoy the astrologers, not us because - (The Two) we can look down on them (/Ronnies)

I'm going to regret asking this := I dont get that Magellan quote, why not a round flat disk casting a round shadow ? he seems cock-sure of himself !! Β  >Β  :duckie: and runs for cover. >

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

I'm going to regret asking this := I dont get that Magellan quote, why not a round flat disk casting a round shadow ? he seems cock-sure of himself !! Β  >Β  :duckie: and runs for cover. >

Because if we were on a flat disk the shadow would only appear to be round when directly overhead :wink:Β 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

... Β :duckie: and runs for cover. >

If Mr Magellan had taken that advice he might have survived the famous circumnavigation. (I find it odd that he's remembered as the first person to travel around the world despite dying at the halfwayΒ mark. While somewhat harsh, I'd have thought that would be grounds for disqualification.)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DRT said:

Because if we were on a flat disk the shadow would only appear to be round when directly overhead :wink:Β 

Good try :) I like it

But would he have had the acuity of vision or perspicacity to judge if it were (pedant-on) elliptical or just simply curved (pedant-off)

29 minutes ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Β (I find it odd that he's remembered as the first person to travel around the world despite dying at the halfwayΒ mark.Β  /Β  I'd have thought that would be grounds for disqualification.)

:thumbsup: That makes two of us :D

Β 

• 2 years later...