Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 080717 White Light

Hailfire101

Hi again.
Today, i've had my 2nd go at the sun.

I used my Canon 1100d to record video, then I had to convert the video with X-Winn FF so I would open it in PIPP and then export lots of images... so I could then import into Auto Stakkert.
I'll be honest, not a clue what I was doing. Seems that the .MOV my camer puts out, isnt popular with stacking apps. :(
Anyway, heres the result.

sun.png

1 minute ago, Hailfire101 said:

Hi again.
Today, i've had my 2nd go at the sun.

I used my Canon 1100d to record video, then I had to convert the video with X-Winn FF so I would open it in PIPP and then export lots of images... so I could then import into Auto Stakkert.
I'll be honest, not a clue what I was doing. Seems that the .MOV my camer puts out, isnt popular with stacking apps. :(
Anyway, heres the result.

sun.tif

And one final step would be to save and post it as a PNG image so we can see it without downloading it :)

Dave

when I use my 1200d it take single jpeg shots , about between 150-200 frames and stax with registax 6, I can never get on with vid from a dslr it just isn't sharp enough. focus is everything in WL. well done. charl.

I'd say your focus isn't too far off if at all - you've got a hint of some faculae over towards the other limb in the single frame for example. So it's all about processing.

Have a bash following Roger's excellent white light processing guide.

Archived