Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milky Way over our Villa

Taken on our honeymoon on Vamizi island off the coast of Mozambique, the central regions of the Milky Way stretch over our Villa named Kipila which became home for two weeks. The left part of the building contains the dinning room with games and TV room upstairs, and the right was the main lounge area. Bedrooms were out of shot to the right.

I painted the foreground very briefly with my head lamp using it's rather bright white light setting.

Photo Details:

Camera: Unmoddified Canon 70D

Lens Canon 14mm L 

f/2.8 at ISO 3,200

Single 30 second exposure with no flats or darks.

Processed in Adobe Lightroom.

Photo taken on 29 May 2017 around 11pm local time.

IMG_3757.thumb.JPG.f6e22fc83ac0c5b10716a866002e2cf0.JPG

6 hours ago, Moonshane said:

I think you'd have been better getting back to your honeymoon duties in one of those bedrooms LOL

Stunning image and skies.

Haha. Indeed. I did keep my astronomy activities to just a few sessions.

1 hour ago, RobertI said:

Wonderful picture. The skies must have been incredibly dark there.

Thanks.  It is probably among the top three dark places I have visited, and as some SGL members know, I have visited quite a few.  I had some really good observing sessions with my Takahashi FC-76.  Took pages and pages of notes in my observing journal so will write up the experience over the summer.

Archived