Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI120 and PHD2

Good Afternoon,

I am not very tech savvy and am having some issues with my setup. I apologize if this isn't the right section I wasn't really sure where to post this. I have installed the drivers for my guide camera which is a ZWO ASI120 color. I have tested it in shark cap and the camera works but when I launch PHD2 and connect the camera nothing displays. I have a computer guy that helped me check the setup of the cameras and tried to trouble shoot the issue. He said that he reinstalled the drivers and that the computer recognized the camera as being connected (he tested it in shark cap) but he couldn't figure out why PHD2 wouldn't work. He then reinstalled PHD2 and tried it again but still no picture. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try I would really like to be able to use it this weekend. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Start by making sure you have at least PHD 2.6.3 from here.

Next you have two options to connect your ASI120 to PHD2.

1) Using the native driver: Download and install ASI Cameras driver Setup V2.0.1.3 and on PHD2 select "ZWO ASI Camera" from the dropdown list.

2) Using ASCOM: Download and install the ASCOM platform 6.3, download the ASI Camera ASCOM drive 1.0.2.25 and on PHD2 select "ASCOM Camera (1)".

After connecting you should click on the Loop icon (at the bottom toolbar) and start seeing an image.

59 minutes ago, nick1 said:

Good Afternoon,

I am not very tech savvy and am having some issues with my setup. I apologize if this isn't the right section I wasn't really sure where to post this. I have installed the drivers for my guide camera which is a ZWO ASI120 color. I have tested it in shark cap and the camera works but when I launch PHD2 and connect the camera nothing displays. I have a computer guy that helped me check the setup of the cameras and tried to trouble shoot the issue. He said that he reinstalled the drivers and that the computer recognized the camera as being connected (he tested it in shark cap) but he couldn't figure out why PHD2 wouldn't work. He then reinstalled PHD2 and tried it again but still no picture. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try I would really like to be able to use it this weekend. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,  are you connecting it to a telescope?

Did you get to see stars with your sharpcap test?  You could make a simple test just to check if phd2 is getting video feed from the camera,  try shining a torch in front of the telescope,  if the screen goes white it is working.

Then if it is,  and you're still not seeing any stars i guess tbe problem will be focus,  with my scope,  i have to place my camera  almost at the edge of the focuser and with it racked almost all the way out too.

Try pointing it to the moon and focus on it,  will be a lot easier. 

Hth. 

Archived