Jump to content



  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

66 Excellent

About jbrazio

  • Rank
    Star Forming

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,623 profile views
  1. Due to popular demand and some work started by jkoenig72 Ardufocus now has support for manual focus using physical switches. You can operate it either manually or through ASCOM as the counters will always be in sync. The basic interface is two push buttons and one pot (speed adjust) but if you are using two motors you can add a third button to switch between the motors, it also support LED to display the active motor. After two years into "beta" I am on the last mile to release the official 1.0 version together with a new PCB layout. ardufocus.com
  2. Interesting design ! Never thought of mounting it this way.
  3. Hi yes motor cabling is kinda of agnostic because you can always tell the firmware which connection (pins) it needs to use using the config.h file. yes the latest fw is compatible as long as you don’t enable High Resolution mode and you have the capacitor on the reset line to prevent the DTR auto reset.
  4. Proper documentation is the hardest thing to build.. I've been doing a lot of effort to give this project a proper documentation, I believe it's not ready for prime time but for sure has improved a lot. Have a look at https://ardufocus.com/ This will be the location with the most updated information around this project. Any [good or bad] suggestions are welcomed. Is that a world first ? This is my motorized OAG focuser.
  5. In the meanwhile [behind the scenes] I've been working at two major changes for Ardufocus. Introduce a new high-resolution position counter mode Finally implement the second motor driver on the same controller I've built a new focusing mechanism prototype which delivers next level precision basically reducing backlash and removing slippage from the equation. In theory using single stepping (which is the mode were more torque is available) you can archive sub micron move for each step.. I say in theory because the 28byj-48 stepper motor and it's internal gearbox is not the mo
  6. And have less backlash.. that's why I used them in this project. But you're right the best possible solution would be to print hubs and use a belt avoiding printed gears altogether. BTW, in our plastic world.. they work nice even in PLA, here is a good channel about the topic:
  7. So here you have, the PCB and schematic files for Ardufocus ! Please note this revision is untested but it passes ERC and DRC. PCB size: 50x55mm
  8. So here you have, the PCB and schematic files for Arduheater !
  9. No worries, I tend sometimes to take a while to respond because I receive no notifications from this forum (?), I'm also available @jbrazio. I never really shown my custom take on dew strips.. so here it go, the BOM for it is: 3D printed template Kanthal Resistance Wire 24AWG Kapton tape GX12-4 male & female connectors Wire & heat shrink tubing
  10. You're right, I was not thinking about the specs of the sensor but rather some "calibration value".. which in fact are the same thing. ? The values I use by default are pretty generic ones for the 10k NTC. The NTC resistance (THERMISTOR_NOMINAL_VAL) is 10000 Ohms (10k) at 25.0 ºC ambient temperature (THERMISTOR_NOMINAL_TEMP). #define THERMISTOR_NOMINAL_TEMP 25.0F #define THERMISTOR_BCOEFFICIENT 3950.0F #define THERMISTOR_NOMINAL_VAL 10000.0F I'm not familiar with the BME but the DHT sensor sends out a 40 bits stream of data with encodes directly the temperature an
  11. There is no "factory" tune for the temp probes (either the DHT or the NTC) instead I allow the user on the GUI to define offsets for them, so if you find that a particular sensor is out by 1ºC you just set it's offset and you're good to go. What is currently missing on the system is EEPROM support so all the parameters are kept.
  12. Not a silly question. The Moonline protocol allows the activation of a temperature compensation feature but this is not implemented on Ardufocus, the reason why ? I find it useless.. the auto focus program should be the one handling the temperature compensation, just like SGP does. The thermistor still has an important role because you need to provide to the AF program the environmental temperature so it can temperature compensate (not that useful IMO) or automatically run the AF routine on each degree change.
  13. Arduheater 0.3e released. See changelog since last release. Please report back any issues you may have found.
  14. Sorry for the late reply but for some reason I'm not getting e-mail notification of the subscribed topics. @NickK In one hand powering down a stepper driver will make you lose accuracy exactly has you described, on the other hand leaving the driver in holding torque will make the motor heat. My main concern is not the driver itself but the motor, the 28BYJ-48 running at 12V gets pretty toasty. Has this is not a one size fits all situation I leave up to the user to choose by toggling MOTOR1_SLEEP_WHEN_IDLE. However there is a catch, you need to have full accuracy during an auto focus run,
  15. Fresh update, yesterday I've released Ardufocus 0.1e, the main changes are: - Improvement on the stepping procedure - Both A4988 and ULN2003 driver boards now provide exactly the same functionality - Implementation of acceleration profiles: No-acceleration, Linear, Trapezoid and S-Curve See changelog since last release. Please report back any issues you may have found.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.