Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Jupiter Portrait!

Virgoman

Hi all. Just posting an image of Jupiter acquired on the evening of the 8th May and is the result of my final imaging runs of that evening when Jupiter had reached an altitude of just over 30°. This image is the final Winjupos derotated result of a total RGB exposure time of 9mins.  Captured with my Celestron C8 and ZWO 290MM via Baader LRGB filters and a x2 barlow. Thanks for looking and clear skies to all!

Best regards,

Ralph

JUPITER LABELLED STARGAZER.png

Many thanks once again Simon and Angie!

3 hours ago, si@nite said:

Some very nice detail in there, is that  actual capture scale Ralph, at 4m the 290mm giving good resolution if that's the case!

Cheers Simon - that is indeed actual capture scale but Firecapture is indicating a focal length of over 8m and a resolution of 0.15" - I have absolutely no idea how accurate that is!! I use a flip mirror and, of course, there is a filter wheel in there as well. I just know I have pushed the scope as far as I can! Focusing is a bit of a delicate touch - quite literally - as I have no electric focuser etc. - I am just using the stock focuser.

Best regards and thanks to all once again,

Ralph

Archived